Chapter 12: Just Let Go

"What the hell, Rain!" Dany yelled at me as I got up to face him. He continued to yell, "I got back to school just to find out you ran out of school! I can't believe you did that! And with KAYDEN! What do you have to say?!"

A tear slid down my cheek. I said nothing. Seeing that Dany was hurting me, Kayden came to my defense, "Bro, calm down. She did noth-" "SHUT UP!" Dany yelled at him, "I'm talking to the little slut, not you." Hearing me getting called a slut for the second time today, Kayden clenched his fists and took a step forward. I put out my hand to stop him, and he did.

"What do you have to say you little slut?" Dany repeated.

"Goodbye." I answered in a shaky tone.

"What? Goodbye? What is that supposed to mean?" Dany asked.

I walked up to him with tears falling one by one down my cheeks slowly. "It means goodbye. We are over. Forever. I'm never speaking to you again. You aren't the guy who I thought you were. Leave." I said boldly.

Dany scrunched up his face in anger. "But..." "But what? Nothing. What you said was said. So get the fuck out of my face and leave. Jackass." I said fiercely. Dany flinched and sighed, "Fine." And with that he left.

I took in a shaky breath. "Rain..." Kayden said quietly behind me. I turned to look at him. Suddenly, his lips where on mine and I was in his embrace. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He said. I was speechless.

"Be my girlfriend, Rain?" I nodded my head yes and happy tears flowed through my eyes. I hugged him and we walked back to his car.

We took a road trip to the outskirts of the town Little Prairie. I jammed out to the blasting music while Kayden laughed at me. I felt like I was in a movie.

I rolled the window down and stuck my head out the window. I felt like a freaking dog! "WHOOOOOO!" I screamed out into the air. When I ducked back in, Kayden was laughing his ass of.

"What are you laughed at?" I asked.

"Y-y-you." He said, trying to stop laughing.

"DON'T JUDGE ME YOU SQUIRREL!" I yelled. We both doubled over laughing. Suddenly Kayden swerved. I screamed. We both started to laugh again.

My stomach muscles started to hurt as I continued to laugh. A tear slid down my face from the pain. Yet I continued to laugh. Kayden was also laughing. He looked over and saw the streak the tear left. He just laughed more.

Sooner than later we had stopped laughing completely. Little Prairie was about an hour and a half away. There was still 30 minuets left. We sat there in an awkward silence.

"So..." Kayden said to break the silence.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Well you know there is a beach about 10 minuets out of Little Prairie. You wanna go?" He asked.

"A beach?! YES!" I yelled.

Kayden smirked. I swear that was the hottest thing I've ever seen. He noticed I was staring at him and he leaning in and kissed me. I kissed him back and sat back in my seat and stared out the window.

We arrived in Little Prairie and we stopped at a sandwich place called Spicy Pickle. (I know a weird name for a sandwich place.) "Oh my gosh I freaking love this place." I said.

When we got to the beach, it was empty. I got out an walked toward the water.

"RACE YOU TO THE WATER!" I suddenly heard Kayden. I didn't run. I just kept walking. Halfway, Kayden stopped and turned back toward me in confusion. He walk up to me side. "Hey, what's wrong?" He said in a caring tone.

I sighed "I don't know..." Kayden gave me a puzzled look. "I mean this whole thing with my dad seems so unreal sometimes. Like its not really happening. And on another note, we should be in school. But we aren't..."

"What are you getting at, Rain?" Kayden asked. "I want to go to sleep Saturday night and have no nightmare and wake up Sunday morning perfectly fine." I answered

"So you wish this thing between us never happened..." He said in a sad tone. "Oh no no no no. That's not what I meant."

"Haha! It's alright, Rain. No need to get squirmy. I know what you meant." Kayden laughed.

I cuddled into his shoulder and he put his arm around me. The last thing I could remember from that moment is Kayden kissed the top of my head and I fell asleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. I was still with Kayden, he was sleeping. My phone kept ringing. I picked it up.

"Rain?" My mom's voice came through the phone.

"Oh hey Mom. I'm just at the beach with Kayden."

"Please come home. Your dad is starting to have lung problems." She said.

"Ok. I'm on my way..."

I looked and saw that Kayden was still sleeping. I saw a bucket laying on the beach. Suddenly, the perfect idea came to my mind.

"HOLY SHI- WHAT THE? OH MY GOD!" Kayden screamed after I dumped a bucket full of cold water on him. I doubled over laughing and he suddenly lunged at me. He picked me up over his shoulder and walked to the water.

"No no no no no no! KAYDEN! Don't! Please!" I pleaded. "You shouldn't have dumped that water on me! Pay back is a bitch." He answered.

He water out far enough that I couldn't touch and he dropped me. "Oh my god I hate you!" I laughed. "Don't hate the player hate the game," Kayden winked.

"Kayden, that doesn't even make sense with this situation." I rolled my eyes.

I got out of the water and waited for Kayden on the beach. When he got up to me he leaned in and kissed me. We started walking up to his car.

"My mom is going to kill me..." I said.

"Why??" Kayden asked puzzled.

"This is her shirt..."

"We'll you shouldn't have dumped water on me!" He laughed. I just rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

Usually hearing bad news about my father would have crushed me. But with Kayden, the world just seems so much brighter and happier. It's hard to believe all the problems with my dad ever happened.

Kayden leaned over and tickled me. He swerved and I screamed.

Yes,

The world is much happier with him in it...