Chapter 9: Food

Dany pulled up into the parking lot of Berger King, my stomach grumbled again. Dany started to get out when suddenly I remembered Ash. "Wait," I said quickly. "What are we gonna go about Ash?"

"We could just leave her in here..." Dany replied.

"Uhm, No."

"Well, we can't just bring her in, Rain. So you're gonna stay in here while I get food?"

I was reluctant to give up. But sooner than later I gave in. "Fine." I turned and patted Ash's head, "You be good. Be back soon, baby."

The walk into Berger King was wet. Very wet. The rain still poured down hard. By the time we got inside, we were drenched. Yay me.

My mouth started to water. The smell of food lingered in the air heavily. The walls inside were painted yellow and red. It reminded me of McDonalds. Weird, huh? There weren't very many people sitting at the round, green tables. This place really needs help with decoration. It's so uncoordinated, like me.

Dany ordered a hamburger and I stuck with the usual, whopper jr. I got a strawberry/banana smoothie. Once we got our food, Dany and I sat at one of the tables. The food was heavenly, not to mention super unhealthy.

I was still working on my fries when Dany finished. Do all guys eat fast? My dad eats really fast. The whole family would be done with not even half of the food and my father would already be done.

Dad...

Father..

Grant Lightwind...

Why does everything remind me of him? I started to feel the pain in my heart again. Suddenly, my fries tasted bitter. "I'm done," I mumbled. Dany got up and took the trays. While throwing the garbage away, I waited for Dany at the door, still sipping on my smoothie.

Tears were trying to escape my eyes but I wouldn't allow it. I realized I needed to call my mom.

The calling tone rang through my brain.

"Hello?" My mom answered.

"Mom?"

"Yes, Rain?"

"I...I... Are you home?" I stammered.

"Yes I am. So is your sister. Did you have fun today?" Asked my mom.

"What? How did you know?" I asked, confused.

"Dany called me." She explained.

"Oh... Well, I'm on my way home. I'll see you soon." I informed her.

"Oh kay. See you then. Love you." Her voice cracked.

I hung up the phone and walked out to Dany's car. He had went out to his car when he saw me talking on the phone. He was holding Ash when I got in. "Ready?" Asked Dany. I took a deep breath and breathed out, "Yep. I'm ready for hell."

Ash jumped out of Dany's lap and into mine. She had a weird way of making me feel better. She could just look at me with those Pure blue eyes, and she will bring a smile to my face. Her pitch black fur has a beautiful gloss.

Halfway to my house, Ash wouldn't stop meowing. I suddenly heard a little grumbling noise. It was Ash's stomach. "Dany, we need to go get Ash food. Like now." I said.

"Can't you give her food at home? You have another cat." Dany protested.

"Yea, but Ash is a kitten. She can't eat hard cat foot." He kept driving. "Dany! There is a store just around the corner." I pleaded. Dany rolled his eyes and turned the corner.

It only took me 2 minuets to go into the store, grab the kitten food, buy it, and come back out. Dany was quite impressed.

Dany parked in my driveway and I just stared at my house. I have to go inside and face my mother. I just have to. I got out of the car, grabbed Ash, and started up for the front door.

I don't know what had gotten into me, but I realized my life would never be easy again. I will always have expectations. And I will have to face whatever the world throws at me.