Chapter 10

C H A P T E R  T E N

Nasaan ako?! Why am I in a place that looks like there's no one in here?

I carefully observed my surroundings. I'm not familiar of the place. Tila ako ay nasa teritoryo ng isang maharlikang tao at ako ay isa lamang bisita. This place is new to me at parang ngayon lang ito nadiskubre ng iilan.

The place was huge but isolated. No other life except me is in here. Mga halaman lang ang nandito. The place has some tall, sleek grasses that almost covers my whole being. Puno rin ito ng mga bulaklak na maganda tignan. But what's more enticing is that, Isa lang ang puno dito.

It is an oak tree with big branches that almost reaches the ground. It looks like a century old oak tree based upon its looks. Having moss growing around it's branches and a small black hole on the middle. Parang may diwata o kaya'y enkanto ang nakatira sa punong ito.

But why is it only the one? Ba't walang mga ibang puno ang umaaligid dito? The tree is lonely.

Just like me before...

I took some steps forward to get near the tree. As I came near to it, I could see it's mere beauty. The big branches made the tree look old but beautiful in the same way. The tree was like taken good care of a beautiful goddess. And its hole in the middle, para itong bahay ng isang squirrel.

I touched the tree's trunk. Napakagaspang nito at parang may mga letrang nakaukit sa kanyang katawan. Kaso ang mga letrang ito, nasa ibang lenggwahe. Looks some sort of Latin writings.

"Kamusta, unang tao mula sa unang propesiya?"

Napatingin ako sa aking likod. It was a figure of a woman wearing in a white beautiful dress pero halos makikita na rin ang kaluluwa niya. (Sorry 'yan ang unang napansin ko.)

Her dress almost reach the floor though. She look like a Greek goddess because of her attire. A long white sleeveless dress and a beautiful flower crown on her head. She's beautiful.

Pero hindi ko makita ang kabuuan ng mukha niya. I can only see her mouth. Maybe because of the light that is foreshadowing her face or is it something.

I'm getting nervous here. It's like this woman can't be trusted.

Her lips turned into a curved. Her expression in her lips are telling me not to be worried about her. Parang sinasabi niya na mapagkatiwalaan ko siya.

"Your mother would be so proud of you." Her voice were so soothing to my ears. Maganda ito pakinggan para itong isang nanay na nag-aaruga sa kanyang anak. Her voice was like a lullaby.

"But beware my child..." The tone of her voice suddenly changed. It sudden became serious and I could feel the tension in between the words.

What?

"Huwag mong hayaan na kunin nila ang lahat sa'yo. Huwag mong hayaan."

I suddenly jolted awake. Beads of sweat are falling all over my body. My heart was beating so fast and I can't seem to remove the nervousness inside my system. Tila may panganib ang dadating anumang oras.

I took some deep breaths before I left my bed and arranged it. Afterwards ay kinuha ko ang aking tuwalya tsaka lumabas sa aking dorm.

It's till midnight I think. The moon was slowly going down. It is almost reaching the Earth's surface. Today is a full moon. And I can't help but stare at it with eyes wide open.

Ang ganda ng buwan. Para itong isang diwata na unti-unting natutulog. The moon is huge tonight and it's like telling the whole world how much she loves us.