chapter ten

"What was that?" Wonho demanded. They were in the bathroom, Changkyun leaning against the wall while Wonho standing just a few inches away with his arms folded in a demanding manner. 

Not like Changkyun was scared - it wasn't like even Wonho's muscles seemed angry at him.

Changkyun's eyes shook nervously. "What was what?" He tried to feign ignorance.

"You know what." Wonho practically growled, before noticing how much he had frightened the younger. "Why were there bandages at your stomach area?" He directly asked, trying to seem less angry to calm the shaking rapper down.

Changkyun inhaled a deep breath. "I don't know what you're talking about." He lied, all the while trying to calm down his quickening heart.

"Stop pretending!" 

Wonho regretted raising his voice immediately when he noticed the flash of hurt appearing on the younger's face. Trying to urge his impatience to dissipate, he took another deep breath.

"Changkyun, you have to tell me what's going on for me to help you." Wonho let out a sigh, hoping to convince the younger into confiding into him.

But he failed.

"Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, I don't want your help?" Changkyun snapped. Wonho glanced up, surprised, into the younger's brown eyes and saw a a void of darkness in them. Speechless, Wonho stared into Changkyun's brown orbs and tried to read them.

"I don't need your help, nor do I want it."Changkyun let out a deep breath. "So leave me alone." With that, the rapper pushed past the vocalist and out of the bathroom, leaving the vocalist alone.

Wonho leaned against the wall in exasperation. He was frustrated with himself for not being able to read Changkyun's eyes. He thought of following the younger to force the matter out of his mouth, but thought better after remembering how angry Changkyun seemed. That seemed to be the first emotion Wonho ever saw in Changkyun, other than guilt and sadness. And it scared him.

-

Changkyun ignored the looks of the other members and immediately sat down in the back seats with a huff. He knew he was showing his attitude but he couldn't calm down. His blood boiled in anger for the first time with the members as he plugged in his earphones, ignoring his growling stomach.

When Wonho approaches the car, Changkyun looked out of the window and avoided everyone's gazes altogether. His mind raced with thoughts, and the song, 'Hate' by 4minute wasn't helping. 

Why the hell would Wonho want to help me? He hates me. He's probably going to laugh at me if I tell him everything. Who the hell does he think he is, anyway? Thinking he could do anything to help. Thank God I didn't tell him anything. The tension in him began to evaporate as he thinks.