chapter fifteen

"You haven't found him either?" was Wonho's question when he finally made his way back to their dorm, only to see the five members slumped on the sofa. Letting out a sigh, he joined the other on the couch while Hyungwon shoved a towel at him for him to wipe away his sweat. 

"It has been two hours already!" Everyone turned to see Minhyuk's red eyes as he stood up and began to pace about.

Kihyun ran his fingers through his dark hair. "What if... he does something silly?"

The others froze. They had all been worrying that their maknae would promise to debut with Nubility and ruin their own debut but had not even once thought about the youngest's welfare.

"He won't. He's mature enough." Shownu wasn't sure if he was trying to convince them, or himself.

"He is..." Wonho agreed and Shownu relaxed a little. "But considering our attitude towards him since No Mercy, he might..."

The oldest pulled Minhyuk, who was starting to tear up as guilt consumed him, into his arms for a bear hug. The latter instinctively ran his fingers along the older male's arms.

"Let's think positively. Jooheon ran after him the first and he also hasn't returned. He must have found him." Shownu tried again, slowly rubbing circles onto Minhyuk's back, trying to ignore how tightly the latter was grabbing his arms.

The tallest nodded. "Plus, they have the 'young and free' spirit, they can run faster."

"That's bullshit." Hyungwon was met with a light punch from Kihyun.

"Unless, they both..." Shownu quickly shushed the figure in his arms just as the door flung open.

Everyone stood up to be met with the view of Jooheon piggy-backing their maknae. 

"Oooh, this entrance is like from a fairy tale."

"You found him!"

"Are you guys okay?"

"What happened? Where was he?"

"Bring him to the room for him to rest."

Jooheon eyed the members silently, before opening his mouth to finally speak. "First of all, I think we're fine, just quite tired because this boy can run. I actually chased him all the way to Han River, which is only possible because of our young spirit, and --" 

"I told you!"

He paused to shoot the tallest a glare. "NO, this is not a fairy tale." Relaxing his facial muscles, he nodded at the eldest before going into the room to let the maknae rest.

He gently dropped him into Wonho's bed before making his way towards the door. Before fully exiting, he paused and looked back at the still figure.