chapter twenty three

"Hyung?"

The maknae poked his head through the wall, seeing the tallest lying in bed. He entered when the elder made no noise of disapproval, and laid down next to Hyungwon.

Changkyun didn't know what to do. He knew he had to comfort the elder, but didn't know how. He was never that good at making others feel better, but he wanted Hyungwon to know that he had his back because he knew how hard it was to receive hate comments.

He had experienced it himself, when he just entered No. Mercy. That was one of the reasons why Changkyun had stayed away from the internet world, only using it to watch movies etc.

Right then, he thought of initiating skinship to let the taller feel better, but hesitated. We're not even that close, he thought.

"Hey, if you're going to hug me, just do it already." The elder's hoarse voice startled Changkyun a little, but as soon as it sunk into Changkyun's mind, he wrapped his arms around the elder gently and causing just minimal skinship between them.

Hyungwon let out a huff, before turning around. He glared at the younger, before tugging the younger's arms together as he shifted back to his original position. This caused the younger to be pulled even closer to Hyungwon (so close that Hyungwon's back was pressed against Changkyun completely) and Changkyun's arms were then fully enclosed around Hyungwon.

Changkyun gulped.

He shifted a little, feeling embarrassed about the position and wondering if the elder was even feeling comfortable like that, but Hyungwon's words halted him.

"Stay like that. Please."

Changkyun silently agreed, noticing the elder's voice breaking a little at the end.

"I'm not good enough, am I?" Hyungwon finally spoke after minutes of silence.

Changkyun took in a deep breath.

"I can't do anything right."

Changkyun tightened his grasp around the elder, as if squeezing him would stop him from the negative thoughts.

"I'm such a failu-"

"Hyung, if you don't shut up right now, I will whoop you so hard, you'll become shorter than Kihyun hyung."

Changkyun's initial courage dissipated and he nervously shifted when silence was his only reply.

"I would strangle you, even." He added, trying to provoke a response.

Silence dominated the pair for a moment, and just as Changkyun was about to run out of the room for being too rude to the elder when they aren't even close, Hyungwon let out a chuckle.