chapter twenty four

"He acts cute to get what he wants. It's fun sometimes, but most of the time it's just annoying."

"Byunghwa hyung! How can you say-" 

"I'm not even surprised at that fact." Minhyuk actually cut Changkyun off.

"Of course! Here's another thing, he can be straight up clingy at times." Jeongwook added, much to the horror of the rapper.

"What? Oh my God." Wonho actually looked at Changkyun in distaste and tsk-ed at him.

Changkyun stared, dumbfounded. He was actually being insulted by both parties. He knew something was weird the moment he stepped into the dining room and saw his ex members eating peacefully with his current members. It had been too good to be true.

-

Changkyun paused. 

This was it.

"Changkyun. You really want to come with us, right?" His ex leader had asked.

He honestly didn't know what to do, actually. Before him were ten sets of hopeful eyes, and both groups were really hoping for him to join them. To complete the seven-member group. Or the five-member group. It was up to him to make the decision, and being the one with such a life-changing decision was so stressful.

He thought he would repeat the same answer to the Nubility leader's question, and pack up to leave, like he was never here at all, to escape the nightmares from the survival show.

But there he was, hesitating as his gaze landed on six longing eyes.

He thought he had the answer after all. He thought he could just leave and join Nu'bility like nothing happened, like it was the good old times.

He thought.

You just have to say a word, Changkyun. Just a simple 'yes' and you can be right by Nubility's side, just like before.

But it was at that moment, did he realize that he wasn't ready to leave, at all.

His mind flooded with memories over the weeks, from how horrible the members were to him, making sure that he knew he was the odd one out, never letting him join in to their conversations, to just a few days ago when Jooheon had chased after him all the way to the Han river and told him that he didn't hate him.

He remembered how Jooheon and all the other members apologized, some through words and some through actions. 

He remembered how he had dumped bubbles onto Wonho's head and how the elder had done the same back to him, and how Kihyun was so mad at them after seeing how messy the kitchen became.