chapter eight

Changkyun froze. "Wha...what?" He spluttered.

-

(an hour ago)

The wind belting against his face felt good. He could hear the muffled whispers of walkers as he sprinted past but he didn't care. Not when he was facing the risk of getting kicked out. 

It's never fair. It's always happening to me. Maybe I should just leave like what everyone wants.

Changkyun shook his head, trying to will the negative thoughts to go away. But they wouldn't.

"Changkyun!" He heard a voice. It sounded familiar, but he wouldn't stop. 

He couldn't.

That is, until he felt strong arms stopping him, pulling him into the embrace of the person. Changkyun turned stiff, not used to the amount of skinship at the moment. Everyone had shunned him so much lately that he had almost forgotten the feeling of being loved or held by someone.

"You're okay." The person told him. Changkyun felt himself wanting to believe him as his breath hitched. 

But I'm not.

"You'll be fine." 

Will I really be fine?

That was when Changkyun broke down, his face buried deep into the person's chest.

-

They stood in the middle of the sidewalk, just enjoying each other's embrace while ignoring the looks from passer-bys. Changkyun slowly but surely calmed down and only when he was left with just hiccups did the elder remove Changkyun's head from his chest, though against Changkyun's wills. 

"You know I don't like being touchy." He mumbled.

Changkyun let out a light chuckle, before engulfing the elder in a bear hug tightly. "I've not seen you for so long, Taehyuk hyung!" 

"Oh no, not bear hugs!" Taehyuk tried to peel the child away from his body, but Changkyun stubbornly remained, his arms wrapped around the elder as if his life depended on it. 

Taehyuk gently let his arms swing back to their original position when he felt his former member's body starting to shake once again. He then slowly let his hands travel up the younger's back and moved it up and down, hoping it would help calm Changkyun down.

"I think I understand why Jeongwook and Jongyeon likes hugging you now." He mumbled after a minute of silence and Changkyun's breathing seemed more stable.