School of Akwardness

Arin's POV

The school day just began. I was in my first period art. It was just a normal school day where nothing happens and it's just boredom....until today.

"Ok! Get your sketch book out!" The teacher said. Every week we pull out our sketch books and show the class what new things we put in it. Since everyone showing there pictures would take too long the teacher chooses 5 people from a hat drawing each week.

"Dan your up first!" Wait Dan? Oh this has to be interesting...

He whispered something to the teacher said something back. I couldn't hear what they said but it was like I'm not very drawer and the teacher was like that's ok talk...ok that's not right but whatever. He walked to the very front of the class room and held out his sketch book. He seemed to be VERY nervous.

"Th-this is a unicorn wizard and over here I drew dinosaurs having a laser fight in space with robots and sharks..."

He went silent and looked around the class and everyone started laughing at him for what HAVING A IMAGINATION!? I sat there quietly looking at Dan. I always thought he looked cute but I never really talked to him. Mostly because I was too nervous to talk to him.

"Hey be nice!" I yelled not knowing what I was doing suddenly the whole class looked at me in confusion.

"What did I stutter" I said sarcastically.

"Dan why don't you take a seat" said the teacher.

He quietly walked passed me and whispered thanks and he sat back down a few desks away from me. I blushed a bit hoping he didn't notice.

Once art class was over I left to go to my next class but Ross stopped me.

"HEY ARIN!"

"Dude stop yelling what is it"?

"Do you like Dan?"

"Wait where did you get that from"? I said starting to blush again.

"Well you stood up for him in class".

"Because everyone was making fun of him that doesn't mean that I like him. Now can you move I have to get to my next class". I tried to go around him but he got in front of me.

"Not until you admit it"!

"Goddamit Ross...fine I like Dan so can you move?!"

"Oh my god! YES WAS RIGHT!"...then he ran away to his next class and I did the same so I wouldn't be late.

After 3 period it was lunchtime well technically it was 5th but it was a block day. Anyway I hurried to the lunch room to get my food.

I stopped in the lunch line and Dan ran up behind me.

"Hey thanks about earlier..."

"Oh no problem man they shouldn't be making fun of you like that..." I said.

"Hey uh do you want to eat lunch together?"

I looked at him,his eyes showing nervousness and hope. His face was slightly pink and his hands were in his pockets of his new looking ripped jeans.

"Uh ya I-I would love to!"

He smiled at me and I smiled back. We got our food and went to a table with my friends Barry and Ross. Ross teased me while we were eating the whole time.

"Hey so when did you two first meet".

I rolled my eyes and said nothing. Dan looked at me then Ross.