Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I was only five years old when we met. Since then we continued to share our lives together. He was living with his aunt and uncle because his parents had died in a car accident when he was only three. My mom and his aunt had been good friends in high school. It was when they both bumped into each other at a birthday party when they saw each other again and Nick and I met.

We started off just as really good friends and now we’re everything to each other. In eighth grade, my biological dad left my family but that same year Nick asked me to be his girlfriend. Not a single moment have we ever had interruptions in our relationship until I went to high school.

Unexpected problems came our way. Of course, many of my friends went to the same school; Vivian, Jacob, Nick, and some of his cousins were there. I made many new friends and I met Jeremy. He was my lab partner and he got very close to all of my friends. There was Amanda too. We were all very good friends, Nick and Jeremy would get along really well.

One day, we were all at a friend’s party. Nick had gone to get a drink when I saw Amanda try to kiss him. Of course, I knew it wasn’t Nick’s fault. I don’t know what made her change but she began to threaten me. She wanted Nick for herself but nobody would be able to break our relationship.

Another time, when I was jogging at the park she attacked me but fortunately; Jeremy appeared out of nowhere and saved me from getting myself beaten up. From there on, things got really weird. Jeremy started to ask me out and I would go out with him as friends but it seemed as he was taking things seriously. I reminded him that I was with Nick but he was stubborn and so I began to ignore him.

I couldn’t believe how both started to have such hate towards us. Nick found ways to keep me away from them; we didn’t want to cause any problems. They kept on finding ways to destroy us. Jeremy once forced me to kiss me in school and he touched me in ways I wish had never happened. Nick became furious and warned Jeremy to stay away from me.

Luckily, his last year came and he would be gone forever, yet, I’d still have Amanda in school with me. Nick and I continued with our normal lives for the rest of his senior year in high school. Except, on Nick’s prom night, we experienced one of our scariest moments ever. That night, when prom was over and Nick and I were in the parking lot getting ready to go home, we saw Jeremy come our way. It was clear that he was drunk and he tried to get over Nick and get me but when Nick pushed him down, Jeremy took out a gun and pointed it straight to Nick.

At that moment, I felt our lives were over. I didn’t know what to do. I was yelling at Jeremy to not do anything stupid and I tried to get in front of Nick before something terrible would happen but Nick held me back to protect me. I closed my eyes when I saw his finger pull back the trigger and I let out a panicked scream. I thought it was all over but I heard nothing. Jeremy laughed and fell to the ground again. Nick kicked him and grabbed the gun from Jeremy’s hand and he realized it had no bullets. Still, knowing that I could’ve lost Nick, I stood shaking but Nick hugged me really tight and we left home.

After that, I stayed traumatized at what had happened. We didn’t tell anyone knowing how dangerous Jeremy could be. At school, Nick wouldn’t leave me alone any second or if he wasn’t there, he would ask one of his cousins to be near me at every moment. I couldn’t even tell Vivian or Jacob about it, I didn’t want to get them worried.

***

Now, I’m happy nothing has happened to us. Amanda has spat on me and she has cursed me out but nothing to worry. Jeremy’s phone calls didn’t scare me but I did have to take precautions since I knew he would hurt Nick.