Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The week went by fast and next thing you know, Friday was here. Nick came home to pick me up for that late Valentine’s Day date night. He looked really good in a long-sleeve black buttoned up shirt and black jeans. I was actually happy with what I was wearing today too. I wore my dark blue short dress with a black belt, a cute long sleeve bolero, and my vintage black pumps. We arrived at a really cute Italian restaurant that had lights hanging everywhere and plants all around. When we were waiting for our dinner to be served, I saw Amanda at a table with some guy who I couldn’t see his face. She saw me and she stood up to walk our way. She definitely looked beautiful in the little black dress she was wearing but I was afraid she would come do an evil act of hers but I was actually surprised at the way she came smiling at us. At school, I had not really tried to pay attention to her but today I really noticed something different. She greeted us with such a sweet tone and, of course, we did the same. It was only a quick chat and she nicely told me she’ll see me in school and she hugged me and Nick at the end. I actually felt good that our problems with her had a possibility to fade by the way we connected today. The only weird thing was that the guy that was with her never turned to look our way and his blonde hair sort of resembled Jeremy’s but I was sure it wasn’t him.

After dinner, Nick and I walked to a nearby ice cream parlor. We sat down to converse and then I waited for the right time to ask him to prom but it never came because all of a sudden he took out a ring box. I wasn’t sure what this meant.

“Sammi, I wish this was the moment I’d ask you to be my wife but we’re still too young and I want us to finish school first and then we’ll have our lives together forever. This here is only to show you how much I love you and I really think this will look extremely beautiful on your finger.”

He opened the box and I saw a gorgeous ring shining in the middle. Like last time, he kneeled down and he put in on my right ring finger. I hugged him and I kissed him, “Thank you so much Nick! I don’t even deserve all these things you given me.”

“Don’t say that Sammi, of course you do. You mean the whole universe to me.”

Tears of happiness began to run down my face and he kissed them off. He is just too romantic, he's perfect! I then gave him two basketball tickets to see the Lakers play.

"Babe, thank you so much for these. I've wanted to go so badly! Want to go with me?"

"I think you should go with Michael, I know you'll have fun with him."

"But I want to take you; I know you love to watch them play!"

"No, no, no, take Michael on a date. You two need some time together." I laughed.

We then walked along the streets and took pictures everywhere. We then got on the car to go home.

"This was such a perfect night!" I told him.

"You make it perfect!'

I giggled, "Thank you that was too cheesy." He laughed.

I started to play some music from my iPod and I started singing. I closed my eyes to not feel embarrassed and then I heard Nick curse quietly.

"Do I sing that badly?" I asked.

"No, it's something else."

I could see worry in his eyes. I turned off my music and noticed he was looking back and forth to the front then to the mirror. He speeded up and I started to get scared.

"What's wrong Nick?"

"Look back," he said, “that black Nissan has been following us. I also saw it parked across from where we were at the ice cream shop."