Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Nick left on Sunday and said he’d come back again soon. In school, his cousins were always around me because he had told them to be close to me just in case I was in the middle of any danger but I doubt Jeremy would attempt anything at school. Most days after school, Michael would drive Vivian, Melanie, and me home. He had to be going to school to so some days I had to drive the girls and me to and from school.

On Wednesday during lunch, Amanda came to sit next to me.

“Hey Sammi, I heard what happened to you and Nick this past weekend. I’m really sorry about all the trouble that has happened with you and Nick. I never thought Jeremy would do such things.” she told me as if she had really now cared about Nick and I, it was like she had forgotten all the wrong she had done when Nick was in school.

“Well, um, thank you so much for your concern.”

She hugged me, “If you ever need anything, just know I’m on your side now. I’m so sorry for what I did before. I've realized how if I would've continued trying to destroy both Nick's and your life then I would just become a horrible monster like what Jeremy has become."

I smiled as it seemed unbelievable that the girl who once wanted to take Nick away from me had now changed.

“Amanda everything is okay now. You’ve showed me that now you actually seem like you have a good heart. Let’s leave everything in the past now and thank you very much for really caring about Nick and I; it really means a lot to me.”

“Thank you for accepting me.” She hugged me again, smiled and walked away.

“That was weird,” Melanie said who was sitting next to me, listening to everything that had happened, “after all she did, now she comes to ask for forgiveness. I think you gave it to her too easy.”

"Well, it seemed as she really meant to show her change, so I guess the right thing for me to do was just tell her everything is fine now."

After lunch, I walked to Physics class. I sat at my lab table and sort of wandered off into my thoughts. Everything about Nick, Jeremy, and Amanda ran through my mind and I began to get dizzy. Suddenly, I felt someone tug my left shoulder, which scared me and made me jump a little and open my eyes.

"Hey, are you okay?" Melissa, my lab partner who sits next to me asked. I rubbed my eyes and replied, "Yeah, thanks for warning. I got so distracted."

"It's okay, you just seem really tired."

I didn't feel tired but I know I had not had enough sleep with all the thinking and nightmares I've had. I tried to refocus on the Physics lesson but class was almost over. I copied all the notes from Melissa during the last few minutes. The bell rang and I jumped in surprise. I gathered my things to go to my French class next. I was relieved to know Vivian would be there. In class, there was really nothing to do since we had just finished a major project. Vivian and I were chatting through the whole class time.

“So you know prom is coming real soon, did you ask Nick already?” she asked with a big smile.

“I did ask him that weekend that our little accident happened. For sure he’s going with me. Have you asked Mikey?”

“No!” she said in a frustrated tone. “I wish he can ask me out like last year but now it’s my turn. I don’t know how to ask him out?”

I laughed, “Well, it’s still February, we have until May.”

"True, but I'll try to ask him soon. I think we should go check out some dresses for prom this weekend!"

"It's still too early."