Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It's Friday night again. Nick and I pack up our things and get ready to go out. Michael decided to stay longer with Vivian, so, we head off without him. It was a movie date this time. We enjoyed an action-packed comedy and then went to a coffee shop.

 "Nick, tell your aunt and cousins to come over on Monday for Christmas Eve. I would definitely want everyone to come over."

"You're parents won't mind my lousy cousins?" I'll be there but I don't know about bringing all of them over."

I sighed, "Jeez Nick, just bring them all over, I don't want to have such a quiet night."

He laughed, “Alright, alright, I'll bring them over."

I was happy that they were coming over. For the past two years, Christmas hasn't really been quite wonderful as it should be. A little company would be better.After the coffee, Nick drove me home. When we arrived, he helped me take my bags up to my room. Up there, he checked up on my room which left me confused.

"Why are you checking every corner?" I asked.

"You know."

"Uh, I actually don't know?"

“Babe, I need to check if you're safe in here. Jeremy can come here anytime."

"Nick! Are you serious? We already talked about it. Let's just leave him out. I know he won't come after me; plus my parents live here!  I'm actually worried about you. And since when were you such a bodyguard? I think my room is the safest place where I can be." He turned around and gave me a sharp look.

"Sammi, you just have to let me do my thing. I know how he is. I know things you don't know." He paused and then walked towards me to kiss me. “I just have to keep you safe."

I wasn't sure what to say anymore. A while later I walked him out to the door where he kissed me again.

Christmas Eve came along and I could say it was one of the best of my life. Nick, Michael, his Aunt Rosie and Uncle Rob, and three of his other cousins, Johnny, Melanie, and Chris, came over. We all had a very good time. At midnight we all opened gifts and Nick loved the watch I bought him. It looked great on him just as I assumed. Nick gave me so many wonderful gifts, I actually felt bad I only gave him the watch.

On New Year's Eve, Nick took me to his aunt's and uncle's house where we had dinner and had a good time playing video games with his cousin. We had our New Year's kiss right at midnight and he then took me out to their huge backyard. We sat down on a bench where we talked for a long while because this was the last time we were going to be able to be alone before he would go back to Berkeley.

"I really wish I didn't have to go and leave you. I'm going to be really worried after what happened," he told me.

"It's okay, I'll be fine. I only think he wants to scare us; he won't go any further than what happened last time."

"You don't know him Sammi!"

"And what makes me think that you do?"

"I do know things; I know a whole lot more than you do."

"Oh really?" I sort of got upset and I was about to walk away but I stood up and turned around; he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"I'm so sorry Sammi. I didn't mean to get so aroused by this. Please forgive me; I don't want us to end up in a huge argument. I actually wanted to give you a little something, so, wait here, I'll come back."

He had something else for me? I already had enough from him, what else can it be? A couple of minutes passed and he came back with a beautiful round basket of colorful flowers. He gave it to me and I found a blue square box in the middle of the bouquet. He grabbed the box and knelt down. This was getting too exciting.

"Samantha Nicole Reed," Nick said while opening the box and revealing a gorgeous sparkling, silver heart-shaped locket, "will you continue to be my one and only loving half until the very end of time?"

I gasped with shock. This moment would be unforgettable. I looked into Nick's eyes and I was able to feel the tenderness and sincerity that he felt for me. I rapidly responded with a yes and he stood up to kiss me. He took out the locket and he opened it for me to see. On one side, there was glass covered picture of us and on the other I found a few words engraved:

You are my paradise, my only bliss

My heart melted as Nick whispered those words into my ear. I kissed him and gave him a long hug after. He then grabbed the locket necklace and put it in place around my neck. About an hour later, he took me home and I fell asleep right away because I was going to go eat breakfast with Nick before he would drive back to Berkeley.

I was happy to spend some time of the first day of the year with him. Michael joined us for breakfast. After spending a joyful time with them, we drove back to his aunt’s house where he gathered everything to put in his car. At around four in the afternoon, it was time for him to leave. When he was taking me home, he skid of to a different route. It seemed as if we were heading to a huge park. He drove up a hill and stopped where I could see a stunning sight of Los Angeles. We sat in the car for a while and all of a sudden we started to kiss. It seemed to be an everlasting kiss. The touch of his lips on mine made every part of my body tingle. He put a hand on my back to push me closer to him.

He stopped and said, “This is not working.”

I raised my eyebrow in surprise of what he said and he got off the car and walked over to my side. He opened my door and pulled me out. I was very confused and didn’t know what was happening. He opened the back seat door and he threw me on the seat, came inside, and locked the door.

"Nick, what are you do..." He shut me up by beginning to kiss me again. I wasn't sure if I was fully ready for this but I was enjoying it. His body pressed down onto mine and I felt one of his hands softly caressing my back. The backseat was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable but I wanted him to continue his magic. He began to kiss my neck and it tickled. This first experience in the backseat would be one that I would never forget. His lips were slowly going lower until I stopped him.

          “Nick, I think you’re going a little too far there.”

          “I’m so sorry, I just can’t control myself sometimes. I love you...with all my heart.”

         “We’ll have our time one day, just not yet. I love you more than anything too and remember that I’m only 17 and truth is I actually enjoyed this but we can’t go any further than this.” I sort of felt bad that I had to tell him this but it’s true.

When we arrived at our house, he got off with me to walk me home. I told him, “Well, this is it, time for you drive off.”

He kissed me and said, “I’ll be back very soon, I can’t keep on living alone without you.”

“Me neither,” I said as he engaged me into a strong hug. He let go and I was about to say good-bye when he stopped me.

“Shh, remember there are no goodbyes between us.”

I smiled, “I love you”

 He did his beautiful side smirk and kissed me again, “I love you too.” He walked away and I walked inside to the window to blow him the usual kiss. He drove away and a tear fell on my cheek. I hated to see him go away but I had to look at the bright side, we’d be together very soon.