10

The first thing Micky noticed when he woke up in the morning were his arms. They were bandage and injury free.

"The hell?" Micky muttered, staring at his arms in disbelief. He was interrupted by his mother, who poked her head into the room.

"Hey Mick. You slept in a little late. You okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Sorry Mom, couldn't sleep last night," Micky lied.

"That's all right. The girls are at school and I'm going out. You need anything?"

"No."

"Okay. See you later, Micky." Janelle smiled at him before disappearing from his doorway. Ten minutes later, he heard her leave the house.

Micky sighed and looked down again. What the hell had happened?

Shortly after Janelle left, Micky heard someone ring the doorbell. He sighed and got up to answer it, surprised to see Michael standing at his doorstep.

"Michael? What're you doing here?"

"Just checkin' up on ya. May I come in?"

Micky nodded and stepped aside. Michael came into the hall and noticed that Micky kept rubbing his wrists.

"Somethin' wrong?" he asked.

"My bandages are gone," Micky blurted out.

"Your what?" Michael had to play dumb.

"My bandages! D-Don't you remember...wrapping up my arms?" Micky asked quietly.

Michael shook his head.

"I could've sworn..." Micky looked down and rubbed his wrists again.

"Maybe you have a guardian angel," Michael grinned.

Micky scoffed and shot Michael a disbelieving look.

"Are you kidding? Angels aren't real."

4 followers from 1,400 👌🏻