62

"Micky!" Michael was sobbing. Davy had never, ever seen him like that before. He ran to the stone slab and undid his restraints. "Micky."

Micky was unresponsive. Michael grabbed his sweater from the floor and tried wiping away the blood, but there was a lot. Some of it was already dried onto his chest. The sweater quickly became covered in blood and Michael tossed it away before picking Micky up, his arms trembling.

"Mike—"

Davy was ignored. Michael's tears continued to fall and he wandered, like a blind man, out of the tomb. It was still raining and the raindrops blended with Michael's tears. He looked up at the sky, before looking down at Micky. His eyes were still closed and he laid still.

"Micky," Michael whispered, his voice cracking. He was broken. "My boy...my beautiful boy. I love you so much, Micky. I'm so sorry. So sorry. Please wake up."

Michael didn't know how long he stood out in the rain with Micky in his arms. He was no longer sure if he was still crying or if it was just rain on his cheeks. He continued to shake as the footsteps started behind him and he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Mike."

It was Davy.

"No," Michael whispered, cradling Micky to his chest. Davy's greeting barely registered in his mind. "No, no, no."

"He's gone, Michael."