Chapter 12: New Years At New York

Carlene P.O.V

~phone vibrates~

I rubbed my eyes, and check my phone, it's been vibrating like crazy this morning.

inbox:
1 message from Kendall
-happy New Years

1 message from Beatrice
-happy New Years

5 messages from Ariana
-Happy New Years
-I am heading to japan
-sorry I couldn't take u
-I went with Frankie and Lexi
-your spending New Years with grandfather and nonna, also mom

5 messages from mom
-honey your grandparents are here
-please get dress
-your sister and brother is out to japan for Ariana's concert there
-don't be mad she didn't take you
-her and Lexi hasn't been hanging out for awhile so she had to take her

what? Ariana went to japan and didn't take me? I know Lexi has been gone for awhile but that doesn't explain why she didn't even tell me. Mom came in along with nonna, "oh there is my little Carlene, I haven't seen you in so long" nonna hugged me and pinch my cheeks.

I hugged her back, "we are heading to New York for New Years, go down and eat, were about to go shopping for some winter clothing" my mom said. Okay now I know my family is trying to hide stuff from me. Japan ? New York? where else now England ?

I am a little upset of Ariana. Going and not telling me, It's not like I dislike Lexi , is just that sometime she takes Ariana away from me. I went downstairs, hugged my grandpa.

While I was eating breakfast and hearing Nonna's stories. I wasn't really listening because I really wanted to go to Japan with Ariana and Frankie, but why didn't any of them tell me. I was scrolling through videos on vine, until I saw Ariana's video with Lexi.

Okay I admit it! I don't like Lexi, she takes Ariana away from me, everytime I talk to Ariana, she ignores me and talks to Lexi. That's it! I need to find some friends here, I have been in LA like for two week already. I know I am not going to stay here, but I just can't make Ariana and Frankie the only person I hang out with.

I only came here because we haven't seen each other for so long, I thought it will be a great 1 month winter break with just my sister, brother, and my mother. I am just really mad with Ariana.

"Carlene, you need to get dress, time to go shopping" mom snapped me out of my own thoughts. I didn't even finish my cereal, too much thinking about it.

"mom can I ask you a question?" I spoke. Her eye brows went up, "sure honey" she looked quite confused. " Is there any chance if I can go alone, and find my own things I need?" I asked. She smiled, but it wasn't really a proud smile, I know mom's smiles. This one is the your growing up one with a little proud.

She threw me my keys, "be back by 7 for dinner" as she finish cleaning the dishes. I grabbed some cash, my phone, and head to my car. I honestly don't know where I am going, making new friends I guess?

I decided to get a little Starbucks first. You never guess who I saw at Starbucks, it was Justin. I am wondering what was he doing here. I pretend I never saw him, I have enough issues to deal this morning, don't need someone I had an awkward conversation with, talking to me.

I order raspberry passion tea, which is always my favorite drink to have on a bad day. I sat down, but i can see that Justin already saw me when he was about to leave. "hey it was weird bumping into you here" he said, I nodded, "funny you should say, so what are you doing here?" I asked, he sat down in front of me, "well just getting a drink before I start my day" he responded. I smiled, I did the same, "so why are you here?" he asked.