~Dear Readers~

Hello, everybody.

Like it says in the book bio, this is based on a real story and I would appreciate your patience, respect, and maturity throughout the novel.

I'd like to have this moment as a heart to heart between me and all of you, my readers.

This book does deal with rape and I would describe it as the main issue in it. Topics in this story include depression, anorexia, violence, and drug abuse. Please know that if you are dealing with any of this issues, there are plenty of resources for you all, especially women. There are hotlines where you can remain anonymous, but please, if you're dealing with any of the issues in this story, reach out to someone.

I, unfortunately, cannot be one of those resources because frankly, I would not be a good one nor a reliable one. I'm here to listen, but unfortunately, cannot do anything more. I apologize for not being able to help you any further than that, but again, I do encourage you to seek out help. Please, please, please do NOT be silenced. Do not be intimidated. Do not keep everything to yourself.

Whether it be with family, with friends, with a therapist, with a hotline, or with any other resource, know that there's someone who can and will help you.

I love you all,

L.