fourteen

Death is inevitable.

That is the one true statement that frightens the entire human race.

Wether they deny it or not, everyone is afraid of death at some point in their life. Some never get away from it. Some even commit suicide to feel some form of control over the eventual destruction of their own body and mind.

Think about it. You spend your whole life building up for the future. Going to school, eating food to get the necessary nutrition, attending doctors to keep yourself healthy. Planning for the future. Preparing for the future. But who's to say you die within the next hour?

All of that work, all of the things that you have done and are proud of in your life, all of those things vanish into thin air. Gone forever, and completely meaningless to those who aren't close to you.

The scariest thing about it is it can happen in the blink of an eye. Pulling the trigger of a gun, a knife at your throat, a car accident, a snake bite. Everything can end before you can even begin to fathom how or when.

Fear controls us. That is a fact. If you begin to fear death, really fear it, you will begin to try and avoid it as much as possible. If you're sick, you go to a doctor. If something really bad happens, you call 911. All to prevent the death of a loved one or yourself because no matter how it looks or what you think, you are afraid.

Who's to say there aren't other things out there worse than death? Demons have existed since the dawn of time. They're in every single religion. Why do you think so many priests were needed in the past? Why do you think so many women were hung in the Salem Witch Trials? Why do you think things like holy water and crucifixes exist?

I'm not here to scare you. I'm here to warn you.

Death is the last thing you need to worry about.