nineteen | true intentions

"The body of a decapitated young woman was found just outside Sunrise Apartments Wednesday night, and police are baffled. There is an incredible lack of evidence, the only things left on the scene being a few strands of blonde hair and a cell phone, and the security cameras of the building could not catch anything. Further information will be provided later as authorities are still trying to identify the girl. Thank you, back to you Jim."

Ashton pauses the Tv, and stares, his heart pounding in his chest. Luke stands in the window, blocking the dull morning light that threatens to bathe the room in yellow.

"Luke." He says, his voice choked. "Luke, come here."

The black haired boy does as he's told, and sits down next to him on the couch. The cup of coffee in his hand is steaming and smells delicious, but Ashton's not capable of caring right now. "The police are finally starting to clear out. Poor girl. What is it?"

Ashton feels like he's drowning. "Look at those pictures. Look at them."

Luke does. He sees a black clad body being zipped into a bag, a few strands of blonde tangled hair in the grass, and a blood streaked phone case. When he really focuses his eyes on it, however, he notices that it's a punk hello kitty one.

The coffee mug hits the floor and shatters.

"Lea." He breathes, and Ashton buries his head in his hands.

***

The group of proxies takes formation in the usual meeting spot, hands behind their backs, posture rigid. Jeff is nowhere to be found, and even Jane couldn't sense him when they entered the house. He may just be drunk and passed out somewhere, but that isn't exactly likely. He knew he had orders. He wouldn't be that stupid.

The Slenderman appears minutes later, his tentacles sheathed and his hands folded in front of him. The monster inclines his head towards his followers, and seems to sigh.

"We are one short." Is all he says, scanning the group with a blank face.

"Yes, master, we could not find Jeff anywhere. Our apologies on his behalf." Toby says, his voice shaky.

"You won't find him anywhere, child. He's been killed."

Jane blinks her black eyes. "What?"

The Slenderman seems to shrug, looking rather bored. "The girl shoved him through the portal a few hours ago. I felt his soul release into hell and me. He won't be coming back."

Jane's face seems to blaze with fury and agony, and she immediately clenches her fists. "I'll kill her." She snarls. "I will fucking rip her head off-"

"Silence." The creature says firmly. "Losses are inevitable. I am actually impressed. The girl is stronger and smarter than I anticipated, and would make a great proxy. I have no doubt in her abilities. I saw similar qualities in a college student in Shanghai, and she is one of my best followers now."

Jane gapes at him. "Jeff was with you for years! He was one of the firsts here in Florida, and you don't feel anything at all?"

The monster regards her thoughtfully. "I do not feel love, nor compassion, nor empathy, miss Jane. You should know that by now. Do you not remember your lessons on how to suppress those emotions, or should you be reminded?"