chapter ten

after many scheduled and rescheduled attempts, jungkook is finally set to formally meet taehyungs parents. hes waved hello time to them time and time again while visiting taehyungs home, but they've never really had a full conversation. taehyung has met jungkooks mother on multiple occasions, so it only seemed fit for him to do the same with taehyungs. although they were in a serious relationship and had been for a while, jungkook feels like hes going on a first date with taehyung and his family. hes so nervous.

the night before the meeting, jungkook lays down on top of taehyungs body, collapsing heavily into him in an attempt to keep himself calm. he covers taehyungs large body with his own, turning his head to the side and pressing his cheek against taehyungs chest. he can hear his heartbeat, and his own seems to match the rhythm it makes. "you okay?" taehyung asks suddenly, his voice making his chest vibrate. jungkook sits up slightly, propping himself up on his elbow right beside taehyungs body. 

jungkook doesnt answer, just stares off and thinks of all the things that he could do wrong tomorrow. taehyung senses jungkooks uneasy mood and presses his thumb in between jungkooks eyebrows, to eliminate the furrowed crease he was creating by worrying so much. taehyung didnt like it when jungkook felt stressed. he didnt like it when jungkook was anything but happy or content, actually. he held his thumb there gently until jungkook allowed his face to relax, and taehyung smiled softly at him.

"everythings going to be fine, i promise. they already like you." taehyung reassured him with loving eyes, but it did little to help jungkooks worrying. "what if they dont? then what? i cant loose you- oh god i cant loose you. it has to go perfect. what if they dont let me marry you one day- oh my god i wouldnt be able to live with myself. do they like music? i could sing something for them! wait- no- that would be so weird. agh-!" jungkook stopped rambling after a while and realized that taehyung was staring at him with wide eyes.

"you- you want to marry me?" taehyung whispered, his voice breathy and low. jungkook tilted his head and raised one of his eyebrows in confusion. "yeah. yes. i- of course i do. not right now, but someday. definitely someday." jungkook nodded, and looked at taehyung as if he should have already known that. taehyungs mouth turned up into a crooked smile, his face warm and red. taehyung didnt know what to say next, so he just pulled jungkook back down into his chest and touched his hair with his fingertips the way jungkook liked. 

"everythings going to be perfect tomorrow, okay?" taehyung said after a long silence between them, and jungkook could feel his voice when he spoke. jungkook nodded against taehyungs chest and let out a sigh, closing his eyes and relaxing his body into his boyfriend. taehyung rubbed jungkooks back lightly until jungkook fell asleep, and then rolled him to the space beside him so he could hold him properly. "goodnight, jungkook. you're the stars in my sky." taehyung whispered to his already sleeping boyfriend before drifting off.

...

a/n this is so soft

lots of love, namjoon1994 !