epilogue

they marry in the fall after taehyung finishes college. it was a small ceremony, jungkooks mother sat in the front beside taehyungs parents and siblings, and jimin stood tall and proud in between the two of them, officiating it all (he had gotten his certificate after an hour long online course). it was quaint and less people had attended than they had hoped, but it was all okay in the end because they had each other, and that was all they would ever need.

they moved into an apartment together roughly six months later, a small one close to home. it was cramped but cozy and it had huge windows, which taehyung absolutely loved. taehyung had gotten a job at an elementary school a few months prior, so he had already found a steady job there. he loves kids, so it worked out nicely. jungkook, on the other hand, wasnt so certain about his career yet, but he passed the time working at a small diner and taking photos for the local newspaper on the side.

they talk about adopting children all the time and maybe one day they will, but for now they both agree its not the right time. so they settle for a kitten, because although they do love dogs they dont think their neighbors would appreciate the noise. they name her rosy, taehyung came up with that. shes dark grey with green eyes and the cutest little face in the world. it might sound silly, but they consider rosy their first daughter. they love her almost as much as they love each other.

by now taehyungs hair had finally grown out and the damaged ends have been cut, and in a weird way jungkook misses his oddly colored hair, but he likes taehyungs natural state even more. now that he thinks about it, they've come a long way. not only together but individually, since when they first met. taehyung speaks completely normally now, and jungkook isnt as emotionally constipated as before. they've both grown so much.

jungkook looks over at taehyung, whos sitting beside him on a sunday night, eyes watching a mindless movie intently. jungkook smiles, and taehyung finally realizes that hes being stared at. "what?" taehyung asks, confused. jungkook just shrugs lightly and smiles, eyes still locked on taehyung. "you're just really beautiful, sorry." jungkook says casually and taehyung falls for him all over again, just as he does every second of every day. "oh, shut up." taehyung rolls his eyes and leans over to lay his head in jungkooks lap. they smile at each other.

jungkook reaches for the remote, and mutes the movie on the screen.

...

a/n thats it! ahh im so sad to see this book end, im going to miss it. thank you guys for all the love its recieved, it means the world. i hope you enjoyed both "mute" and "unspoken" because i've thoroughly enjoyed writing them for you. thank you loves.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !