Chapter Seven: His Power (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND LIZ!)

We were staying at the General's base for a couple of nights when we heard the siren go off, we were in our room. "It's okay. Stay here." He peeks outside the door before shutting it quickly. "What is it?" I ask. His eyes were worried. "The Frueth, they've never done anything like this." He says. Loud ringing noises pierces the air. I cover my ears with my hands. "What are we going to do?" I ask, panicked. He picked me up. "You're going in the vent." He opens the vent with his free arm and lifts be up to the opening. "What about you?" He smiles. "I'll be okay." He shuts the vent once I'm inside, I watch through the grates. The door flew open and men with gas masks and black uniforms barge in. I automatically start panicking, what is going to happen to Zaan? "Nobody is in here." They say. I look down, Zaan was nowhere to be found. Then, the door closed and something was beating the men. Once they were all down, Zaan appeared. "How'd you do that?!" I whispered. "It's my power." He says, looking up at me.

~Zaan's POV~

I look up at Rae, her blue eyes looking through the little slits. I smell something weird, I look around and I hear a small thump. I raise an eyebrow and look around, "Rae?" I say. No response. I run back over to the vent and look through, I don't see her bright blue eyes. I open the vent and see that she was unconscious, then the smell reached me, it was a stronger one than before, then darkness surrounded me.