Chapter Four: Rebells

We crossed the border from the Rock walls to the dark jungle twenty minutes ago. Animals cooed with curiosity, I look around to admire the dark, but beautiful jungle. In front of me Zaan stopped and got off his horse. "We walk from here." I hop off the horse and pet them both before walking with him. "They take in anyone I recruit, I have a talent to find the best people. I smile at him and nod. Ahead, a huge tree hovered over the entire jungle. "That's our base." He says, pointing to the tree. I see people moving about through the leaves and a door, hard to make out, in the middle of the tree. "Stay here while I go explain."

( Zaan's POV)

I leave Rae to stand in the middle of the woods and go to the almost invisible door. I knock once. Twice. Three times. One of the nurses that are newer opens the door. "Welcome, Zaan." She says. "Thank you." I walk in slowly and look around for the captain of rebells, Sage Barnaby, a beautiful girl my age with light hair and dark eyes. "Zaan!" She greets me. "Captain." I say. She smiles a bright smile and hugs me. "Any new recruits?" I smirk. "Yeah, one." She raised her eyebrow. "Where are they?" I start to walk towards the door and she follows. "A little girl?" She hisses. "She's special. Her light was brighter than anyone else's, and better yet, her name is Rae." Sage shook her head. "Well, go introduce me to her."

(Rae's POV)

The wooden door opened and Zaan and another lady walks out towards me. I sat up from the ground. "Rae, this is Sage Barnaby. Sage, this is Rae." Sage smiled  at me and extended her hand. I shook the rough hand and looked her in her dark brown eyes. "Welcome to the Rebellion." She says.

======================================
coммenт ιғ yoυ wanт мore! нυgѕ ѕнoυт oυт тo мιттyмoυѕe2021 нer вooĸѕ are aмazιng go read тнeм!