Chapter Eight: Her Power

The darkness let me go, and I wasn't in the vent anymore. I couldn't move, a faint buzzing noise rumbled above me. I look above me to investigate, a huge spinning saw hovers above me. I look around for Zaan and see him in front of me, a control panel in front of him, he's still unconscious. Once he wakes up he panics. "Rae!" He yells. Glass separated us, he couldn't come untie me. The saw blade started to lower towards me. "Zaan! Make it stop!" I cry. He runs to the control panel and studies it. "I don't know what one to press!" He shouts back. "Just keep pressing until it stops!" I screech. The blade is louder and I feel as if I can't be saved.

~Zaan's POV~

Rae, strapped to the board, the giant saw blade plummeting towards her head. And I'm the only one who can stop it. I don't like to admit it, but I'm scared. "Hold on, Rae!" I cry. I press the smallest button on the panel, the sound only got louder. She screams and tears stream down her face. "I'm sorry! I don't know how any of this works!" I look at the panel and press the biggest button. The saw only moves faster. I realize, the more I press buttons the faster it'll go. "Rae! There's no way to stop it!" She looks up at the blade that will take her life and she screams. She looks me in the eye with pleading eyes. She starts sobbing. "I just want to say goodbye!" She screams. I run up to the glass and put my hand on the window. She looks at the floor, then she disappears. Blue smoke replaces her and moves forward, to the glass. I back away, scared of whatever took her body away. Then the smoke slowly transforms into Rae. Her face red from crying, she looks around, confused. "How'd you do that?" I ask. She shrugs. "It's my power." Then, the smoke reappears and comes through the glass, she comes back and she hugs me tightly, I hug her back. We're both crying. Rae is alive, and Rae is like me. We're both strange. Strange in a good way.

I really hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! I know I've been posting a lot lately, but my mind won't stop coming up with idea's! Huge shoutout to mittymouse2021 feel free to inbox me at anytime! I will give you a shoutout!!