Chapter One

Chardé

The next day, Tangy and I boarded flight 102 from LAX to Colorado.

Knowing that I was going to be surrounded by my friends after years made me all giddy inside. Of course we all kept in touch, but it had been a minute since we all hung out together.

"Bitch, stop acting like you ain't never been no where before. I'm the one who should be bouncing all around and jumping for joy to finally be going somewhere other than LA and Fayetteville," Tangy said as I smiled and took my seat on the plane. Instantly, the lady and her husband sitting in front of us, eyes widened and mouths dropped.

"Oh my god, you're Chardé Washington from the LA Sparks! We're such huge fans," the lady spoke.

"Here it goes," Tangy mumbled as she took her seat beside me. I guess she was getting tired of my fans bombarding us every corner we turned.

"Yup, that's me. You guys want me to autograph something?" The couple hurriedly nodded and handed me the first thing they could grab. I ended up signing a hat and the sleeve of the ladies bag before they turned around and allowed me and Tang to enjoy our flight peacefully.

Malachi Ra'Shaad

"Man, Steph hurry yo triflin' ass up before we miss the flight!" I yelled up the stairs of the house we shared together.

"Boy, don't rush me! You and I both know that it takes time for me to look this good," she smiled as she made her way down into the foyer.

"Ion wanna hear that shit man, it's been four hours since you started getting ready. If you take that much time, then you ugly as fuck," I said as I followed her outside to the car. The driver held the door open for us and I patted him on the back as we climbed into the car.

"Shaad, don't play with me. If I'm so ugly then why do you screw me every night?" She said as she moved over and started nibbling on my ear.

"Did I ever tell you that I was blind in my left eye and I wear contacts in the right?" I replied, causing her to smack me on the chest and move back over into her seat.

"Fuck you Shaad!"

"With pleasure," I smiled as I pulled her back onto my lap and rolled up the partition. We had exactly thirty minutes until we arrived at the airport.

That's all I needed.

Chardé

"I'm running out of patience. I mean, we've unpacked all of our stuff, toured around the whole cabin; plus the surrounding area and everybody still ain't here!" Tangy complained once again.

"Let's not forget that our flight was only a hour Tang and everybody else lives further away from Colorado than we do," I shrugged as I joined her on the front steps of the cabin.

"They should've left earlier," she groaned as a white Ford F150 and a black Tahoe pulled into the driveway.

"Finally!"

We both stood up and smiled as the two cars stopped and the owners got out. Tangy's face turned into a frown once she seen Martell getting out of the Ford, "Who the hell invited him?!"

"He is a part of the group Tang. We can't just exclude him from everything. Maybe now that y'all are confined in a small area, things will finally be settled," she rolled her eyes and made her way down the porch, making sure that Martell saw that she was ignoring him and made her way over to Chelsea and Bryan, who we're getting out of the Tahoe.

"All these years and I see that things haven't changed much," Martell said as he approached me and nodded at the staff that came to collect his bags and escort them to his room. I smiled and hugged him. I do admit that Martell looked pretty good. Due to the military, he had cut off his dreads, so that he now had a nice low cut. His body, from what I could see from his tight fitted clothes, was very well built and he had obviously gotten taller.

"Well, you know how your girl is. What? you thought after seven years she wouldn't be as crazy?"

"Nah, I expected that, but I was hoping things would be different," he flashed me his pearly whites and I couldn't help but smile back.

Wait. This is my girl's man I'm swooning over and even though they aren't together right now that doesn't mean they still don't have feelings for each other. Get yourself together Char and stop being such a hoe.

"Yea, well maybe you two can work things out while we're up here," I said as I looked away towards the others as they made their way over to us.

Good job.

"Yea, maybe," he mumbled as we all hugged and greeted each other.

"Char, bae you look so good!" Chelsea said as we hugged and I moved over to Bryan to hug him also.

"You look pretty sexy yourself," I replied.

She spun around in a circle and bowed, "Thanks love. I gotta keep things tight and right for that man over there who doesn't know what no means. I should've been pregnant like thirty times by now."

Bryan chuckled behind us as we walked into the cabin and he and Martell dapped each other up.

"Ladies, we have so much to talk about," Chelsea said as she escorted us in the house and towards her room.

Girl talk. Definitely something I need...