Part Two: Just a game.

Lisa didn't have to worry about forgetting her dream. Each night he was there, waiting.  She had never had such intense dreams nor had she ever dreamt about the same sexual act twice.

“Do you ever have the same dream, well not the same, but very similar ones?” Sitting with Allie in the coffee shop, Lisa had to talk to someone about her dreams. Something in the back of mind told her not to and that they needed to stay private.  Her need to understand was stronger and silenced her doubts.

“Sometimes. Usually around exam time and I think of all the ways I can fail.” Allie laughed, yet looking at her friend something seemed different about her. Lisa had always taken pride in her appearance, only now her hair looked unwashed and there was no makeup to hide the bags under her eyes. “Everything OK?”

“I've been having these dreams, they started Monday night and each night it's the same guy…”

“Guy? What kind of dreams are we talking about?” Allie teased, raising an eyebrow curiously.

“S-e-x dreams.” She spelt it out; looking around to make sure no one was listening to the conversation. “I've never had anything like it before. All different places and the things we do – I've never even seen hentai porn with that kind of shit in it! But always the same guy!”

“Maybe it's your conscious telling you to get laid?” Lisa only glared and Allie could see how worried Lisa was over it. “It could be a premonition, maybe ask the dead people tomorrow night when we do that stupid Ouija thing?”

“I'm exhausted. I can't seem to sleep without him being there.” Yawning, she sipped her coffee. Maybe if this board of Matilda's worked, she could get some answers then.

“Try sleeping pills, they'll knock you right out and you won't even get a chance to dream. Are you sure that's all? You really don't look well?” Allie pushed a stray piece of blonde hair behind her ear, and the concern was obvious in her dark brown eyes.

“Yeah, I'm just tired.” Lisa tried to smile, dismissing the idea of her dreams being anything peculiar. 

 -

That night, Lisa passed on the Friday Fright Night movie special on TV. She had no idea how she was still functioning as she went to her room. She found the bottle of tiny blue pills and took two. As soon as she did this, the wind picked up outside.

“Lisa.”

Hearing her name jarred her awake like someone had just injected Red Bull into her veins. This prompted her to run and check that all the doors were locked.

“Lisa.”

Again, it was too much like her name for it to just be the wind making noises. Going back to her room, the bed had been turned down in such a way she expected to find a tiny chocolate mint on her pillow. When she had left, the sheets were crumpled in a heap at the end of the bed.

The pills started to take over. She was already worn out and unable to mentally fuss over the state of her bed. She climbed in and got comfortable.

 --

Opening her eyes, Lisa was still in her room, only now, it was filled with candles and her pajamas had changed into a rather revealing strip of red lace.

“You do not want me tonight.”

It was more of a statement than a question and scanning her room, the man was nowhere to be found.

“Where are you?” She asked boldly, holding the blanket up over her body like a shield.

Again he appeared in a curl of black smoke, dressed completely in black Lisa couldn't stop the pang of disappointment in not being able to see the body she had spent the last few nights discovering.