Part Seven: Just a human.

The sound of the argument that was taking place outside Lisa's room had been going on for twenty minutes. It was a new record for her mother, usually by now her father had calmed her down or she had stormed off in a fit.

"This isn't healthy, I know my daughter and what she needs!"

Sighing Lisa fell back onto the bed. Sure it lacked the comfort of home, but maybe the doctors were right and this was the best place for her.

Had she gone insane?

They didn't say that exactly, no they had a million of other words to make something so simple complicated. If you spoke to Dr. Hampton, it was a psychotic episode brought on by the death of the twins and discovering she was pregnant. Stress could do that to people, make them crack under pressure. The police didn't believe the story of using the Ouija board. All the analysts came to the conclusion the murderer had terrorized them before the killing. The Demon was a product of their imagination to make sense of it.

The arguing finally stopped and after a few minutes Lisa's parents walked in with a nurse.

"Hello darling." Lisa only rolled her eyes. It was their fault she was even in the hospital. Drugs, alcohol, all the tests came back clear. She could see it even now as their eyes drifted to her swollen stomach they were confused at how this could have had happened to them, to her, to her friends.

"You look, better?" Her Dad offered, not even looking at her as he turned to check out the view through the barred window instead.

It was a lie.

Lisa knew exactly how she looked and it wasn't better. The doctors were worried about her baby's health. She refused to sleep and the only visitor she spoke to was Matilda even though Dr. Hampton suggested those visits be stopped. All they did was pray and he thought it only encouraged Lisa's delusions about demons.

"He's right, you do look better." Tasan stood in the corner by the nurse, taunting her.

All eyes in the room drifted in the direction Lisa was glaring at, seeing nothing. The nurse shifted uncomfortably and her parents tried to make small talk with no success. The glaring soon turned to the nurse, and Tasan came to sit on the end of the bed she rarely moved from.

The bitch nurse had done it again; Lisa knew she shouldn't have drunk the apple juice. Anything apple flavored was her downfall, the cravings made it impossible to resist. The nursing staff knew this and often hid things in it to make her sleep.

"You should go, she had a sleeping pill just before you arrived. She needs her rest." The nurse told her parents and already Lisa's eyelids were getting heavier and heavier.

"Sleeping pill? You're drugging her, what about my grandson?" Lisa could barely hear her mothers rant now.

"Its perfectly safe for the baby, she doesn't sleep unless we force her." The nurse closed the door and locked it behind her as they all left.

"Ta-tasan?" With her last inch of strength Lisa looked around the bland room and her gaze became blurry as she spied the demon. His smirk was impossible to ignore; he knew his time for torture had finally arrived.

"Eighteen hours girl, I'm impressed."

Lisa tried to talk again, but instead her head fell back against the pillow.

"Ssh, you heard the nurse. You need your rest."

-

Ever since Matilda and Lisa had managed to send him back, Tasan had no power in their world. He was nothing more than a ghost, his anchor being Lisa. It wasn't all bad. He had enjoyed pushing Lisa to her limits; making her suffer. Promises to make it all stop if she got the book again had ranged from vicious to fairytales; anything to try and convince her to summon him again. He had thought the offer of forming a happy family would have worked or even letting her family and friends live.