Part Four: Just a demon.

Waking up with a hangover wasn't how Lisa wanted to start her day. Then again, after a day like last night, she was lucky to wake at all. She rarely suffered the results of binge drinking and honestly, she couldn’t recall consuming enough alcohol to deserve one.  Lisa decided to blame it on the tequila Matilda gave her.

Lisa got up hoping a shower would make her feel better. As she passed the mirror in the bathroom, she was startled by her own tired, bedraggled reflection. The dark circles under her eyes were puffy and her face pale. She grimaced and scowled at herself. After showering, she headed downstairs with a frown on her pretty face. Matilda was still in bed so she started to clean up the mess from last night. After the fit Matilda had the night before, Lisa hoped a clean house would  lighten her friend’s mood. She heard Miranda come barreling down the stairs as she finished.

The clean house worked. The girls looked at each for a moment as Matilda took a seat at the kitchen counter. Lisa passed her a fresh cup of coffee.

“So, a demon?”

Lisa nodded.

“What the fuck are we going to do?”

“I don't know Tilly. I can do some research online. Do you think you can try and find the library lady? She might know something?”

Matilda was very apprehensive with that suggestion. Clearly, to her,  the fact they had unleashed a demon was no where near as horrifying as finding the woman she had stolen the book from.

“I guess I don't have a choice,” Matilda sipped her coffee and noticed Lisa’s worn out appearance. “You look like shit.”

“Gee, thanks. So do you!” Lisa snapped back. Even with the remnants of last night’s makeup smeared all over her face, Matilda still looked better than Lisa in her current, weary state.

Lisa left soon after. Upon arriving home, she felt the exhaustion set in even more. She made herself some fresh coffee then went to sit at her computer. The extra static suddenly thickening the air had her paranoid that Tasan was there somewhere. She shot up out of her seat and did a quick lap of the house. She made sure all the windows were latched and doors were locked...as if that would stop him from entering. 

“Hello?”

 Silence.

There was no reply and slowly, the static in the air began to dissipate. Chalking it up to her frayed nerves and overly fatigued body, she went back to the computer. Lisa was amazed at how much was online regarding demons. Despite her astonishment over the discoveries, her body decided to shut down; her eyelids began drooping and she started to doze off. She jolted awake at the sound of a voice.

“You know a demon, why not ask him?”

“Because he doesn't like to answer questions.” Lisa quickly retorted. “Do you know where I could find one who does?”

Her sarcasm was not wasted on Tasan as he sat on the chair behind her.

“Watch your tongue girl, or you might find yourself without it.” He warned.

Turning to look back at him, the attraction was still there. Even knowing he was not human, not of this world, did not lessen her physical desire for him. Dredging up hidden bravery, she decided to try and get her answers another way.

Leaving her research behind, she got up. Stalking towards him, it was hard to miss the sultry sway of her hips and the rush of desire in her eyes. Tasan continued to just sit there, doing nothing. He gave no indication what he was thinking. He wanted to see how this would  play out.

She bent over in front of him, resting her hands on the back of the chair on either side of his head. Her loose top fell open, drawing his eyes to the seductive curves of her breasts as she came closer to whisper in his ear.