Enemies

Livia's POV

Janessa smiled dazedly at me as she let go of my hand. I watched as she hugged her little music box to her chest and exhaled, brushing her hair back from her forehead and trying not to sob.

I got up and looked around. Dresses, pants, shirts, jackets all hung neatly around us. I ran my fingers over them, from skin-tight minidresses to fake leather skirts. A girl entered the corridor of clothes and exclaimed," Oh! I never knew we had customers."

I gave her a reassuring smile, and waved her off. She nodded and bounced off, glancing curiously at a sobbing Janessa before leaving. I sat back down on the couch and took Janessa's hand. Blue light twinkled at my fingertips and I released the tention from her confused emotions.

She widened her eyes, pushing my hand away," Jadrien was right."

The tiny sparks of blue light flickered away as I clasped my hands together, grimacing," It's true. I'm half-angel and half-vampire. But that doesnt matter. What matters is that I never meant to be a traitor."

She gave me an odd look and stood up, sighing," Well anyway, I brought us here because strangely I was thinking about the upcoming Halloween dance."

She rubbed each outfit between her fingers and pulled out a strapless red dress cinched with a thin black belt. pairing it with a pair of black sandals with little crisscross straps over the ankles, exclaimining," Go on and change!"

I followed the tip of her emerald green lacquered fingernail that was pointing towards one of the four curtained rooms off the hallway. She put her arm through mine and dragged me along, pulling the heavy velvet curtain aside. She closed it with a discreet clinking of its large wooden rings it hung from.

I huffed a breath, sliding myself into the dress. Pulling the straps up, I turned to look at myself in the mirror and I just stared. The dress took in all the right curves and Janessa just stood there with her mouth gaping wide open," Oh my, you look gorgeous!"

But before I can say something, she pulled me back in with a red cape in her hand.

She spreaded the cloth on the floor, caressing the silk material with her fingertips. Sparks flew from beneath her fingers, shifting and vibrating through the thin layers. Sequins appeared at the ends of the cloth, spreading throughout the cloth in red to gold to red again.

I stared in awe and watched the red cloth transform into a beautiful dark red cape. Janessa smiled, lifting it up to pull over my head.

"Perfect!" she squealed in silence.

Leave Janessa, you have to leave right away! Izzie screamed.

Janessa placed her fingers on my wrist, frowning worriedly at me.

" I have to go," I said, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. She nodded and pulled open the curtain," I'll purchase them for you."

Suddenly, my head went cloudy as I walked out of the mall. My legs continued walking even as I forced my feet to stay still. I tried to squint through the mist in my eyes, but I cant. I heard the sounds of breathing and turned around. The clouds in my head faded away when something pulled against my leg. Gabrielle.

Her hand snaked out and she slapped me. Hissing, she slapped me again and I reeled back against the wall. I felt a hard swift kick to my lower back and saw her smiling at me. But her smile was like broken glass, shiny and sharp.

I screamed and turned to run. But a liquid-glossed towel covered my mouth and I felt her fingers cold like winter, like her eyes.

My head was spinning as I inhaled the poisonous liquid. Gabrielle tilted her head towards mine, her pretty forehead compressing into a frown. She was clearly enjoying herself and felt no remorse at all as she released me, watching as I stumble and fall. I looked up at her and there it was. That smug satisfaction barely concealed beneath her tone as she spoke," This is what you get for taking Rob away from me!"

This is dedicated to CSIHaler. It has always been a pleasure making covers for ya!:))