Hailey

Rob's POV

"Dammit, Rob!" Devon shouted at me, slamming his fist against the wall. He started stammering to himself, his head in his hands. I chose not to say anything as that vulnerable gaze in his eyes could quickly change into fury if I said the wrong thing. He really loves Livia, that was what I came to realise.

"I will kill you if she gets into any harm!" Devon spat out bitterly, hitting the dining table before storming away. Tori appeared beside me, placing a hand on my shoulder,"She's going to be alright, Rob."

I looked away and nodded, turning away and murmering,"I hope so."

This whole thing was all my fault. If Livia had not seen Gabrielle and I in the bedroom, she would not have ran out all by herself.

Gabrielle. Just her name made me angry.

I stopped thinking just to realise I was standing in front of Livia and Janessa's shared bedroom. I pushed the door open to see Janessa sitting on Livia's bed.

"Hey, look at this," Janessa murmered, passing me a few pieces of paper. I glanced at them, sitting opposite Janessa on her bed. Livia had stated what Demons were capable of. I remembered her mentioning that the thing that bid her was a Demon. And here she wrote that Demons had longer fangs than vampires and also that they can transform into...another person.

My hands involuntarily curled into fists as I crumpled the papers. Last night, I thought it was Livia that I was kissing. But it turned out to be Gabrielle instead. Could it be? Could Gabrielle be a Demon?

I threw the papers on Janessa's lap, barely glancing at her as I turned to leave the room," I have something to take care of."

"Hey Rob. Were you looking for me?" Gabrielle appeared in front of me, her finger trailing down my chest. I reared back, pushing her hand away. I turned to leave but she wrapped her arms around me, adding hesistantly," It isn't my fault she's gone, Rob. Please don't ignore me."

I turned around and grabbed the collar of her shirt, warning,"I know you're a Demon, Gabrielle. I know what you are and it's sooner or later that the others would find out."

She reacted as if she had been slapped, her hands shaking. She seemed scared for a moment before her red eyes turned into slits, lips twisting into a sneer,"So what? What are you going to do about it then?"

I take a raggedy breath and let go of her,"It changes everything."

I stared at her flatly in the eyes as I continued,"We thought you were a vampire, Gabrielle. One that was left broken and crying in the streets. That was why Tori made us bring you back. To be part of The Vampix. The Vampire Council takes good care of you too. But that's because they pitied you. Because you said it yourself. You said that you came from a line of made-vampires and that you had no family. I was there when you said that. But you lied."

She let out a harsh laugh but then her gaze suddenly became so desperate,"You don't know anything about me, Rob. But I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything. I love you, Rob."

"Save your breath, Gabrielle. Don't say anything because for all I know, it could be just another lie," I said, starting slowly down the stairs.

Livia's POV

The room was stark and cold under an ugly strip of light. I blinked open my eyes and then closed them again. I moved my wrists to struggle against the ropes around them. I screamed, scorched by the vervain.

I stopped moving as the memories started coming back slowly. That night when I realised Gabrielle was a Demon. When I saw them both in the bedroom.

I glanced down at my leg to realise that the bruise was gone, faded into a thin ugly scar. I tried to sit up, ignoring the searing pain in my temples. My head pounded as I looked around.

"You woke up faster than I thought," Hailey said, leaning against the wall opposite of me.

"At least now there will be more time to plan our attacks against the vampires," she continued, crossing her arms. For a moment, I thought I caught a look of pity in her eyes but it was gone as soon as it came, replaced by hatred and disdain. I tried to say something but my head spun in pain.

"Yes, that's right. My Hailey, you did wonderful today," Jadrien said as he entered the room. I watched as he leaned down to kiss Hailey, his hands holding the back of her head. I heard Hailey sigh and I almost felt like crying. When they finally let go of each other, Hailey held onto Jadrien's hand, a breathy sound escaping her lips when she smiled. She looked like she was in love. With Jadrien. And for a moment, I was too hurt to feel it.

"Now all we have to do is make a phone call and after that, we won't have to worry about The Vampix because they will all be dead," Jadrien said it slowly, his face expressionless as he looked down at me.

"It is such a pity, Livia. Your growing powers could be useful if you were still one of us," he whispered in mock pity. I ignored that, turning away from him. I heard a familiar ringtone and glanced up to see Hailey taking my phone out from my book bag.

"Oh look, it's Mae," she said, rolling her eyes. She did not try to hide the disgust in her voice when she said that. She really did changed.

I watched as she tapped the screen, putting the phone to her ear as she snapped icily,"Hello again, my dear sweet sister."