Side Story- O'hime-sama (Part 1)

11/16/16

Before I give my excuse for the late publish, I just want to say THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR 1.04K!! I KNOW IT'S NOT A WHOLE LOT TO SOME OF YOU, BUT IT MEANS TONS TO ME! SO I WANNA THANK EVERYONE WHO'S READING THIS NOW AND TO FUTURE READERS, ARIGATO-GAZAIMASU~!!

Ok, now continuing....
So, this was supposed to be posted on September 15, but I've had too much homework and procrastination... T^T ... I sincerely apologize for the very, very late update. I made sure to make this long to make up for it. Enjoy part 1!! (Part 2 is still writing in progress...)

Oh as per usual, plz inform me of grammar errors and spelling mistakes! I greatly appreciate it, thx and continue reading~!

♪..:*o()o*:..☆♪

On your 15th birthday, a surprise awaits you.

Father's words kept repeating in my mind.

"Father said he'll give me a surprise in a week! I wonder what it's going to be!" I say excitedly to the boy next to me. This boy, I met him in this village about a month ago...

~Flashback~

There's no one around...

So I made a run for it. Being cooped up in the castle every day is boring... there is nothing to do except lessons, lesson, and more lessons. What's so good about being a princess anyway?

So I decided I want to explore the village today! I had put on the least fanciest dress I could find and slipped into the worn out cloak that I asked the stableboy to get from the village.

Father and Mother never let me out beyond the castle walls, so being out here on my own is a little overwhelming. But I enjoy the change of pace every once in a while.

The sky was clouded and gloomy as if telling me not to be out here on my own, without permission. But that didn't bother me because today I shall explore!

The crowded streets began to thin out as I walked away from the busy town square. I explored all the way to the edge of town. Right when I was about the head back, a hooded figure slipped from the shadows. I only caught a glimpse before it slipped back into the shadows, but I knew it was a person.

Curiosity kicks in and I followed the person. He/she was heading outside of town, seemingly in a rush to get out.

Once a safe distance from town, he/she slowed down and coming to a halt. I kept a safe distance between us so that he/she wouldn't notice me. The hooded figure looks around before plopping down on the soft green grass, and he/she takes off their hood.

My breath hitches in my throat.

The hooded figure was a boy about my age. His eyes resembled the depths of the ocean, a deep shade of blue, yet somehow bright with a child-like curiosity. His blond hair is lightly waved. The breeze softly tugs at it.

He was too beautiful for someone his age- no, his beauty was out of this world.

Is this a dream?

"Wow..." I breathed. I probably said that louder than I meant to because as soon as the words escaped my mouth, the boy's head snapped in my direction. He leaped to his feet, a surprised yet cautious look on his perfect face.

"Who goes there?" He demanded. I had no choice but to step out of my hiding place.

"I-I just happened to be passing by..." I stuttered, trying to find an excuse.