Secrets

Morgan thought he knew all of Reid's secrets, but he stood corrected - He was leaning against the doorframe of Reid's study, watching him drawing!

Even with the enumerable number of skills Reid possessed, Morgan wouldn't have guessed that he had a creative side.

Reid was sketching something freehand, and was glancing out his window every now and again; presumably trying to draw something that was outside.

Morgan was only a foot or so behind Reid, and was able to see the small page on his desk - It looked he was drawing a sort of tree.

What amazed Morgan even more was that the drawing was very realistic; Reid must've been practicing for many years - Yet no one knew about it.

He wanted to sneak up on Reid and call him out for keeping such a secret to himself - But he was well aware of Reid's jittery tendencies, and decided against it - For the sake of the beautiful tree, which was being recreated on the paper.

He was being as patient as a Derek Morgan could be in such a conflicting situation; as soon as Reid placed the pencil down on the desk to take a break, and a creative disaster avoided, Morgan cleared his throat.

To no one's surprise, Reid jumped in response; he turned his head to look at the man who had a knowing look on his face - He had been caught.

"Hi Derek... How long have you been standing there?" He asked with a nervous laugh.

"Since you started on the last branch Pretty Boy... Why didn't you ever tell me you could draw?" Morgan asked, genuinely curious.

Reid looked down at his drawing for a moment, his eyes flitting about the page - Instantly spotting the many mistakes he so carelessly made.

Reid moved his arm to obscure Morgan's view of the drawing, before looking back at him, "Because I'm not very good at it yet... I hate making mistakes, and I hate even more for others to point them out to me..."

Morgan could've laughed at Reid's inner perfectionist; but instead, he walked over to the desk and lifted Reid's arm to examine the drawing.

"Spencer this tree is absolutely amazing - I can't see any of these 'mistakes' you're so worried about..."

He looked at Reid, and they stared at each other for a few minutes - Reid had a partially worried look on his face, while Morgan stared back at him calmly.

Reid admitted a silent defeat, when he shifted his gaze towards floor.

Morgan chuckled at his bashfulness, and a question surfaced on his mind - "So Spence, got any other drawings to show me?"

Reid answered with a quick, "Nope," and reddened slightly at the question.

Morgan smirked and gently pinched Reid's chin to raise his gaze, "Got any drawings of me, Pretty Boy?"

Reid glared at him, trying to hide his amusement, "That's none of your business..."

They both chuckled at Reid's ridiculous answer, but Morgan persisted, "Come on Spence, fess up."

Reid rolled his eyes and turned to face the window, picking up the pencil he had been drawing with, before he had been interrupted.

Morgan hummed at Reid's stubbornness, and took it upon himself to scan Reid's study - Searching for any indicators of the stashed drawings.

This was a task not unlike what he was used to on the field, and he tried to profile Reid, with the techniques he was familiar with using on criminals.

Let's say Reid's drawings are the equivalent of murder weapons, where would he keep them...

Morgan's eyes fixated on the narrow space between a wooden cabinet and one of the walls - It was the perfect size for keeping drawings safe, and away from prying eyes.

He set out on a nonchalant stroll about the study, slowly moving towards the suspected location.

Morgan stopped in front of the cabinet, eliciting a silent prayer from Reid, willing him to continue on his little journey around the room.

He grimaced in defeat when Morgan pulled a pile of papers out of the hiding space triumphantly.

Morgan was utterly shocked by what Reid had drawn.

He thought Reid would've drawn less-than-flattering pictures of him - But instead he found drawings of a little Morgan and a little Reid hugging, holding hands and doing all sorts of adorable things.

"Happy now Derek?" Reid spat at him.

Morgan's smile widened at Reid's outburst, and he quickly crossed the room to pull Reid into a warm hug.

"Absolutely, but don't worry - Your secret's safe with me."