Chapter 1

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*
I slammed my alarm clock with my fist and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and swung my legs over the bed, I stood up and shuffled to the bathroom. My hair was awry and my head ached from the birthday party for my cousin Aisha. She made me drink a lot of liquor knowing I had to go to work today. Even tho I wasn't the kind of guy to have a hell of a hangover, this headache was beating the shit out of my morning. I walked to the shower and turned the knob watching the water start to fall from the head. I stretched my arms as I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I smiled sleepily as I looked at the list I made for Maya. The memories made me happy and I walked closer to the list.
"I love you Maya." I said touching the list and walking back to my clothes. I grabbed my best suit and tie matching with my best dress shoes. I placed them on the bed and walked back into the bathroom slipping off all my clothes. I took my shower quickly and turned off the shower head. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked to my bed. My hair was dripping wet as I grabbed my hair gel and comb. I went back into the bathroom, dried and gelled my hair back. I put on my undergarments and trousers. I put on my shirt and suit jacket completing my look with a tie. I slipped on my socks and placed my shoes on my feet. I looked at myself once in the mirror and looked like a totally different Rahul then I was 7 years back. I walked into the kitchen and took my meds, yes now I do take medications. Prescribed ones. I drank my protein shake I had prepared the night before and grabbed my business case and car keys. Nowadays I drove myself to work instead of my driver, Tanya was still my stylist and I was now higher then any business company around. I drove listening to Maya's favorite song on the way to work. I parked in my special parking spot and trotted inside. As I reached my floor I bumped into someone coming the opposite way of me.
"Sorry about that." He said picking up my case. I recognized that voice and choice of hairstyle.
"Jay!" I said and his head flung up and he smiled at me.
"Rahul! Don't see you nowadays." He said patting my shoulder.
"Running a whole industry is not easy man, but how's your experience in marketing department." I said smiling and picking up the rest of my papers.
"Stable," he said as I stood to be eye level with him.
"How's Rhea and the kids?" I said excitedly because I loved seeing his kids they were always so bubbly like Rhea.
"Great, I think she's expecting again!" He said sighing.
"It's called life, gotta run... Meeting in five!" I said quickly
"Good luck bro!" He said walking past me and I walked into my office. It was big and open perfect for me. I placed my papers on my desk and unpacked my case full of important paper work. Exactly 5 minutes passed and I was now waiting in the meeting room to start the conference. After two hours of a meeting I needed a break. I came into work here and there because I could mostly do all my work from home. I walked down to my car and was about to get in when I saw someone standing a few feet away and smiling. I could almost tell who it was but then again I couldn't.
"Long time no see." She said walking a bit closer. That voice... That voice... I knew who she was. For your knowledge, I hadn't really spent a lot of time with anyone in the past 7 years except my sister, Dev, and Sameer.
"Sonia?" I said taking a guess.
"Correct!" She said running towards me and happiness crawling all over her face.
"Hey! My god you look great!" I said engulfing her in a hug. She was now a best friend, after her husband died I spent a lot of time with her and we grew close as friends.
"When was the last time I saw you?" She said smiling.
"4 years?" I said thinking about it.
"Yep, and your coming to see Arush with me right now." She said with hopefulness in her voice. Arush was her 6 year old son.
"Okay, but I'm driving." I said opening my car door. She ran around the side and jumped in the car.
"Drive!" She ordered and I started up the car laughing at her happiness. We drove to her house and jumped out. There were a lot of cars at her house and it made me wonder.
"Come on slow poke!" She said grabbing my hand and racing towards the door. She opened the big doors to her house and what I saw shocked me.
"Surprise!"