recall

Newt stared at the tablecloth, estimating the length, width, and height of the table. It had become a habit for him to find the dimensions of objects around him. Most of the time, he did it unconsciously, but now, he had to force himself to concentrate on calculating the area of the table cloth, instead of looking at the man sitting front of him.

Newt was baffled. He had witnessed Janson being arrested. He remembered that moment. Over the years, Newt had been tracking the man and how he was doing in prison. From what he had seen on the news in the few months following his brother's death, he knew that Janson was not just a normal hitman. He was also an illegal trader of some sorts. He imported and exporting anything and everything. No one could figure out why Liam had been targeted by Janson. Apparently, it hadn't been as a result of his mother's addiction.

To this day, it was all speculation. The most popular explanation that Liam had somehow become involved with Janson to earn money, and had, as a result, compromised Janson's system with a wrong trade. Newt couldn't believe it. His father had enough money for all of them to live comfortably until they went to college and care for themselves. Nothing had made sense.

Now, to make things even more confusing, the man, who Newt had assumed would be imprisoned for the rest of his life, was sitting in front of him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Janson pour tea into two porcelain teacups. When he had finished, he motioned over to one. Newt picked one of the cups up and blew on the edge of it to cool down the hot liquid. When he was satisfied, he took a sip. While peeking over the edge of the cup, he saw Janson staring at him with much interest.

When Newt put the cup down, Janson shot him a small smile. Then, the man stood up, and reached over to wrap one of Newt's golden curls around his index finger. He continued to drag a finger down the edge of Newt's jawline. Newt instantly stiffened up.

"You remind me of someone," he commented.

He instantly knew that he was talking about Liam. Fear and hate instantly appeared within himself. He didn't know if he should run away, attack the man, or do nothing.

He chose the first. Newt ran away past the curtains. When he reached the elevator, he looked at the panel next to it and began to bang on the button to go down. He turned around and saw that Janson had not pursued him, but nonetheless he kept his mental defenses up.

Suddenly, someone lifted him up and carried him over their shoulder, fireman style. Even though the figure was wearing a similar white suit, Newt knew that this wasn't Janson. The kidnapper was much too broad to fit the gangly man's description.

He began to bang on his abductor's back. As he did so, Newt felt something click in his mind. The hardness of the man's back and his grip on his legs was familiar to Newt.

"Minho?" he asked.

"Shh," he replied.

Minho put him back down onto the chair, "Just don't do anything drastic," Minho continued, "Don't worry, I'll be nearby."

Newt looked up at his friend. Minho resembled a bouncer. A beautiful bouncer who looked like a fallen angel. Minho had taken a place to the right hand side of Janson. He was standing straight with his hands tucked neatly behind him. Before returning to his neutral face, he winked at Newt and gave him a small smile, calming down the latter.

"Thank you, Minho," Janson said to Minho, "You may return backstage."

Minho simply bowed to show his respect and then left.

"It's okay," Janson continued in a quiet voice, "I'm not going to hurt you. We're just here to talk."

Newt slowly nodded.