Chapter 4: Straight Outta Compton

Angela

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Security has been breached! Authorities have been contacted! Authorities have been contacted!"

The alarm system still sounded off through the house. By this time, everyone had drowned out the words of the automated robot speaking.

"Don't shoot her!" I screamed as I jumped to grab my baby.

I had her wrapped in my arms. Literally, in a matter of seconds, it seemed as though the world stood still! I repeatedly called on Jesus in this state of weakness.

That's when I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst.

POW!

I heard the gun go off, but I didn't fall unconscious. To my surprise, I opened one eye only to see the young guy standing in front of us with widened eyes. He dropped his gun on the kitchen floor as his legs quivered.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing as this man fell to his knees. I knew he was about to fall face forward. Amanda shrieked as he came close to landing on top of us. I quickly moved backward with her in my arms as the guy fell straight on his face.

Standing behind him was my husband confidently holding his 9mm pistol in his hand, still aimed and ready. 

Breathing hard in shock, I staggered while standing to my feet with Mandy beside me.

"Are you two okay?" My husband, Adam asked.

"We're fine. A little shaken up, but we're fine," I answered.

"Oh God, Panda!" He shrieked when he laid eyes on Amanda. "Baby, you have blood all over you!"

"That's his blood!" Mandy stated, pointing her little finger at the guy on the floor.

He was lying unconscious with a lot of blood loss. As a registered nurse, I already knew his prognosis wasn't looking too good.

Adam smiled in pride as he picked Amanda up into his arms. "That's my girl!"

"I'm so glad you showed up when you did. This could have ended really badly," I said, feeling the nerves shoot up my spine at the very thought of what could have been.

"I got the alert on my cell phone. As soon as I got the alarm message, I grabbed Austin and we rushed home," he said.

I sighed in relief. "Perfect timing."

"Did the police ever show up?" He asked.

"Not at all. Hell, we'd be dead leaving it up to them."

"I'm glad I drew my pistol as soon as I stepped out of the car. I saw the broken windows in the front and I knew there had to be more than one of them from the amount of damage done."

He looked around the kitchen floor at the three young men lying there, knocked out cold.

"Not bad for a couple females, huh?"