chapter 16

Kae:

                  Next Friday

I haven't been feeling like myself since the whole kidnapping. But I'm pulling back slowly but surly. Everyone is excited that prom is in 2 weeks. I'm not tho. Alex hasn't asked me and I don't even have a dress. I'm not going, its gone be lame anyway. I met up with Trina, Char, and the rest of the team. We had our last game of the season. Plus this was the game the seniors said goodbye. Plus I had to pick the captain of next year team. Its really bittersweet but we knew we couldn't stay here forever.

"You guys ready for this" I said

"Yes!" They screamed back

We huddle up.

"I'm going to really miss you guys so much, but y'all really made these 3 years great. I love each and everyone of you guys. I know y'all waiting on who we picked for captain but that won't be revealed til halftime. Do we all know the routine. " Trina asked

" Yes !" They said looking at Trina

"Why wouldn't they know the routine? We been doing it all year" I said

She smiled .

"Just asking a question, god kae lighten up." She said

I looked at her then at the team they were all smirking and smiling

"What's going on?" I said

"Nothing come on the game bout to start, we gotta be out to line up for the seniors" Trina said

"Okay, line up and when we get out there half on right and other half on the left." I said leading the girls out to the floor.

We waved our pom poms as they called all the seniors to the floors. When they called Toni name, we screamed as loud as we could. She came out waving grabbing Trina kissing her. I smiled looking at my sister. They called Alex name, I screamed waving my pom poms. She came out waving. The entire crowd went nuts. She grabbed me kissing me, spinning me around.

"Baby go play" I said laughing

She winked at me and ran to her team. I bit my lip. God I wanted her so bad.I haven't been giving it up lately, but tonight i need it. The game was going great. Toni, Alex, and Joan was scoring back to back. The entire team was doing great. It was halftime. The girls was smiling really hard. I looked at them crazy. We all lined up to do the dance. The dance started, but the team start doing something different. I looked at them confused. Trina and Char pulled out a chair making me sit down. I look around so confused. All of a sudden, the team started bringing me a million white roses. I was smiling cause I love white roses. The cheerleaders went and sat down on the side of the court. Trina and Char pulled me to the middle of the court. They started doing a dance that me and Trina made up when we were 9. I can't believe she remembered it. Then I saw Ryan and Toni come out, handing me a bag, kissing me on both of my cheeks. I smiled still wondering what's going on. I saw Alex come out with her tux on. She looked so sexy. I smiled looking at my friends sit with the cheerleaders. She came up to me.

"Kae you said you wanted to be asked to the prom, well here it is in a big way. Ladies" she said pointing at the girls

They held up a bunch of signs that read:

"Will You Go To Prom With Me"

I smiled, a couple of tears came down my face.

"Yes" I said laughing hugging and kissing her.

The crowd scream, and some red and white balloons came pouring down. I was honestly surprised.

"Y'all knew, you asses" I said wiping my face smiling.