Chapter 8

•Clawdeens POV•

I searched and searched and searched. It was no use. I could not find Room 108.

"We ask woman?" Abbeys voice announces behind me, staring to the reception desk.

"Yeah sis, it's been like, 3 hours," Howleen echoes, staring at her fingernails.

I tug at my hair. "I got it, ghouls," I snap, turning around a corner as Abbey, Frankie and Howleen follow.

Walking round, I see a wolf walk out of a room further down the corridor, closing the door carefully and clutching a tissue to his face.

"Clawd!" I croak, starting to run down the hallway. He stares down at me as I grab at his muscular shoulders "What happened?! What did you do?!"

He sobbed harder, and I click the door open, holding it back for the rest of our group. The room was a nice size, enough space for a family, with the bed in the middle. Draculaura looked comfortable, surrounded with pillows, a desk on one side with her laptop and iCoffin, charging, and a chair on her other side her with her clothes that she was wearing - a spotty pink dress with plain pink tights, and black, strappy sandals. I instantly recognised her favourite pink and yellow clutch hanging off the end.

I run over to her motionless body and grab her hand in mine. It was cold.

"Oh no," I bite my lip, running my thumb over her knuckles, which were plagued with dry skin. The ghouls crowd round. Frankie begins to rub my back soothingly, and even Howleen put her arm around my own.

Clawd wanders in, looking at me nervously. He walks to the other side of the bed, his hands on the railing on the bed. He looks dead at me, his eyes bloodshot and broken. He stares down at Draculaura as I look up him.

I scrunch my hand around his collar lifting him up and over the bed. "I swear," I whisper, pulling him towards me "If you had anything to do with this, you're dead to me,"

Howleen shakes beside me as I drop him, still leant over the bed. My hands returned to Draculauras.

•Cleo's POV•

I sat at the dinner table silently, eating off our golden cutlery. This was the third dinner in a row my father and I had spent not talking, and everything seemed so quiet.

"Cleo!" Neferas voice called across the table. "You never normally eat THAT much food. Are you trying to become more obese then you already are?" She giggles to herself, as Deuces hand finds my own.

After finishing my meal, I retreated to my room. I felt awfully bloated and ill, and as I settle in front of my vanity, I did notice I looked a little bigger then usual. My double chin looked bigger and my stomach felt large.

Deuce walked in, throwing a packet of crisps on the bed. "You okay?" he asks. I turn around to face him.

I sighed heavily, before shaking my head nervously.

"Does this have something to do with last weeks party?" he insists, grabbing the end of my bed.

"I don't know," I jeered, lifting myself up off the chair.

"You, um, missed something?" Deuce starts to shake.

"5 days late..." I shudder.

"Sh*t," Deuce ponders.

"It's probably too early for a test, Deuce," I respond "I'll have to seek someone else's advice," I sigh. I wanted to break down. All the confidence I had gained being a princess seemed to dash away. My stomach felt empty.

"Well, um, tell me, what are we going to do?"

I stare down at the golden floor. Everything rushes through my head, that fateful night, dinner, the letters from my mother. My stomach starts to belt up, my head banging against the walls.

I stand up, vomit rising through my throat until I grab my mouth with my hand, rushing into my en suite, Deuce hot on my heels.

I rush over to the bowl, spilling my guts into it. Deuce grab my hair from behind me, holding my damp forehead and rubbing my back, as I pull up, wiping my mouth and clutching my stomach.

"You need a lye down," Deuce demands.

A/N FINALLY finished this chapter - I sorta forgot about it halfway through. Bit of an abrupt ending, sorry. Enjoy:)xx