Chapter 14

•Cleo's POV•

Starting to write my mothers name, I begin to think of the content I wished to put into my note to my mother. It had been years since we had spoken, so it was difficult to predict what she would like to hear.

Deuce sat across the room, silently completing his biteology homework. I looked beyond the desk for inspiration. It was hopeless.

Deuce must have spotted my frazzled expression. "You okay?"

"I have nothing to write!" I complain.

"You had loads to write earlier?" Deuce puzzled.

"I just don't know where to start anymore!" I gasp in despair, grunting as I push all the equipment off the table, watching it fall awkwardly onto the stone floor.

"Come on," Deuce pleaded. He was holding back a little, which I guess is a good thing. He was getting used to my regular mood swings.

"I'm going out," I state.

"Where?" Deuce lifted himself from the sofa.

"To the maul, I need some new clothing!" I declare, grabbing my purse off the side of the table and dashing out.

•Frankie's POV•

I sat at home wearily. I had spent three whole days in the hospital with Draculaura, but finally it felt so good to be in my own bedroom. I scrolled down my photos on my iCoffin, admiring the pictures of a smiling Clawdeen, Draculaura and I. It was a miracle her face had even appeared on my camera, but I couldn't worry about that. I was still worried for her mental health and all of the injuries she had received less than a week ago.

"Frankie!" I heard a raspy voice whisper from my window as notice the curtains waving gently in the breeze. Stunned, I push myself up off the bed and slowly creep over to investigate.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Frankie fine! Give me a lift up!" I hear Holts voice croak from outside.

"Holt?!" I jump up from my bed, stepping cautiously to the window as I hear his hands attempt to grasp the windowsill, his flaming hair peaking up through the window.

I open with window wide and extend my hand to reach his, pulling hard to hoist his body weight through.

"We made it!" He laughs, collapsing in a ball on my floor and holding his stomach while I cross my legs opposite him.

"Ha, well this is more than a surprise!" I exclaim, leaning back on my arms and smiling gracefully as he mirrors me, shuffling closer.

"I missed you too much! I know it's a little, intrusive, but hey, I'm no shrinking violet," he smirks as I giggle nervously. "And I gathered with everything going on, you could use someone right now."

"That's so sweet of you," I ponder, beaming inside.

"Anything for you."

At this point, I almost melted, grinning ear to ear and gazing into his eyes. I was so happy to see a familiar face after days of unsettling surroundings at the hospital, and Holt always knew how to make me smile.

"Oh!" He gasps, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a small plastic bag, fumbling with it until he tips out a packet of my favourite sweets (strawberries and scream, for those wondering) a bunch of crisps, two small bottles of cherryade, some marshmallows and sushi.

"Wow! You really went all out!" I congratulated, admiring the feast laid out in front of me.

"Thought I'd be staying quite a while." He winked. "Think you'd let me stay for a movie or three?"

"You didn't even need to ask, I'd love you to!" I confirmed. Part of me knew my parents may be a little uncomfortable with Holt and I, but luckily they were out until 11, wining and dining with friends, and with it being 2:30 currently, I knew we would have plenty of time.

A/N; a short and sweet instalment of the story to prepare you for what's to come!!! Reading your comments make me extremely happy and I'm glad you're enjoying the story!! I know it's been a long time but with my exams over, I'll have more time to focus. I love you all!!!xxxx