Chapter 4: Shane and Dustin's Talk

The next day Dustin spotted Shane at his locker. He decided he needed to have a talk with him after that text message he got from Carly last night. He walked up to Shane but instead of saying anything he just stood there and stared. Soon Shane turned around and jumped a little. Not expecting the surprise. "Sup" Shane said trying to be cool.

"Are you Shane?" Dustin asked.

"Um yeah that's me" Shane replied.

"Why are you trying to steal my girlfriend?" He asked.

"What are you talking about, I'm not trying to steal anyone's girlfriend" Shane told him.

"Save it" Dustin said "I got a text from Carly telling me she wants to breakup, said she found someone else"

"Carly....Carly Shay, she's your girlfriend?" Shane asked.

"Uh yeah pretty boy she's been mine for a year." Dustin said.

"Oh wait a minute" Shane replied "You're Dustin"

"How'd you know?" Dustin asked.

"My friend Freddie told me" Shane answered "but look dude I am not trying to steal Carly from you ok, she's been hitting on me"

"Oh yeah sure she has" Dustin didn't believe Shane one bit.

"I'm not lying" Shane assured him. "and maybe you don't Carly like you think you do"

"And you do?" Dustin asked.

"Well I'm pretty sure I've known her longer then you have" Shane said. "I met her 4 years ago" Dustin was silent. "look let me prove to you I'm not lying"

"How are you gonna do that?" Dustin asked. Shane reached into his backpack and puled something out that looked like a chocolate chip.

"See this" Shane showed him the chip.

"What is that?" Dustin asked.

"It's a tiny camera" Shane explained.

"Wow" Dustin took it in his hands. "Where did you get that?"

"I got it in AV Club" Shane told him.

"Wait a minute you're in AV Club?" Dustin asked. Shane nodded his head. "Whoa so you're a nerd?" Dustin looked shocked. Shane looked up at the celling and took a deep breath. He's probably had to explain AV Club to a lot of people. Soon Shane looked back at Dustin.

"Look we are not nerds ok" Shane explained. "we are just smarter then the average people"

"Ok" Dustin said "so can you do my math homework for me?" Shane gave him a look.

"Do you want to find out the truth about your girlfriend or not?" Shane asked.

"Ok, ok sorry" Dustin replied. "so how does this camera thing work?" Just then the bell rang for class.

"Ah darn it" Shane said. "ok how about you come by my house around 4?"

"Make it 5" Dustin replied. "I have tutoring." Shane looked at him. "What we can't all be nerds, so 5, deal?"

"Deal" Shane agreed.