Chapter 8: All Better

It's been a few days since Shane and Dustin's plan happened and now they've decided to finally talk to Carly. They met outside Carly's apartment and knocked on the door. "Hey" Carly said when she opened the door.

"Hey" Shane replied.

"Hi" Dustin added.

"Come on in" Carly told them. Once they got in Shane started talking.

"Look Carly" Shane said "we feel terrible about what happened, we never wanted you to be upset. I just wanted to show Dustin that I would never steal another guy's girlfriend"

"And watching you cry like that" Dustin added "made me realize that I wanna be there for you, I wanna be your boyfriend again"

"And I may not be open to the whole boyfriend idea but I would be more than happy to be your friend" Shane told her. He sat down on the couch next to her and gave her a hug. So did Dustin. Once they broke away Shane spoke again. "If we crossed the line and you never want to see us again we understand. Dustin do you have anything to say?" Dustin looked at Carly and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Ok well I guess that's it, let's go Dustin" Shane and Dustin made their way to the door.

"Wait" Carly spoke up. They turned back around and faced her. "Look this whole thing is my fault, Dustin we were together and I shouldn't have done what I did. Shane I should have just dealt with the fact that we'll always just be friends, so can we forget these past few days ever happened and pretend all this never happened?"

"I'd like that" Shane told her. "and with that......Hello Carly I'm not sure if you remember me but we met 4 years ago?" He smiled.

"Shane right?" Carly laughed and so did Shane. "and Dustin can we pretend these past few days never happened and go back to being boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"What past few days?" Dustin pretended to ask "and when did we ever break up" he smiled and so did Carly.

"Alright" Carly said. "come on group hug" After they had their group hug Dustin asked.

"So now what?"

"I know what we could do" Carly smiled looking right at Shane.