Chapter 2: Shane's Back

After math,history,gym,and study hall it was finally fifth period for Carly and Freddie and fifth period meant one thing.Lunch.Before Carly went down to the cafeteria she stopped by Freddie’s locker.“Hey,you coming to lunch?” Carly asked.

“Yeah hold on” Freddie replied.

“Who are you texting your AV club nerds” Carly laughed.

“I told you just because we’re in the AV club doesn’t make us nerds,remember Shane?“Freddie asked.

“Yeah how could I not I won the contest” Carly replied.

“Yeah I remembe- wait how did you win the contest?” he asked.Carly just remembered she never told anyone she went back to the room once they all left to get food.

“So are you coming to lunch or what“Carly asked quickly trying to change the subject.

“Yeah I’m coming” Freddie told her.

“What were you texting Shane about anyway“She asked as they were walking towards the cafeteria.

“Oh you know just” Freddie told her trying to avoid the subject.Carly noticed Freddie’s voice was weird witch meant he was hiding something.

“Freddie what’s going on you’re acting weird” Carly told him.

“Uh…..I know you are but what am I” Freddie replied.

“Freddie” she exclaimed.

“Ok,ok just promise me you won’t go all crazy and freak out” Freddie replied.

“I promise” Carly told him

“Ok well the reason why I was texting Shane was because he was asking me if he could borrow my notes” Freddie explained.

“But wait why would Shane need notes he’s not even….” Carly stopped in the middle of her sentence while the news was sinking in.

“Carly whatever you do don’t-” Freddie started to say but was cut off by Carly.

“How long has he been back!” Carly exclaimed.She was clearly excited.

“A week” Freddie said.

“A week?” Carly asked “If he’s been here a week how have I not seen him” Carly wondered how he could be back a week and they’ve never ran into each other.

“Um do you remember what happened four years ago.I mean Sam faked needing mouth to mouth and the guy fell down a elevator“Freddie explained “So he’s decided to stay as far way as possible from you and Sam”

“Well it’s working” Carly said.

“Yep” Freddie agreed “but wait your dating Dustin so you can’t do anything”

“Yeah I know” Carly said remembering.“but um just out of curiosity, what’s his locker number?”

“Carly” Freddie said.

“What, I can’t ask as a friend?“She asked.Freddie thought about it but then told her.

“Locker 125” He told her “but do not go all crazy ok.”

“Don’t worry I won’t” Carly said.On the outside she made Freddie think she would act normal but on the inside she was making a plan.A plan to make Shane her’s.Was it a good plan?Yes.Was it sure to work?Who knows.