Slow Progress With A Pinch of Failure

"Hello? Sawada-san? Yes, it's confirmed," Shoichi began. "It's now or never. Initiate the operation."

"Good job, Irie. I'm glad to hear you're finally cooperating with us," a melodic voice chuckled from the other line.

"You better keep your promise, Hinata," Shoichi grit out. "If you don't, I swear--!"

"Not with Tsunayoshi with me. Her loyalty lies with us," another man replied smugly. Shoichi wanted to laugh at the male voice. The fact that Byakuran even tried to get into contact with him meant that Tsuna had asked him to. Tsuna needed him for something behind her blood family's back.

"Iemitsu..." the red head growled. "Heh. So the great Vongola Famiglia has stooped as low as to use human shields," Shoichi taunted. Oh god, his stomach was hurting so much.

"That's ridiculous. Tsunayoshi is no human. That one is a weapon."

No other words were spoken.

The phone in Shoichi's hand shattered within his grip.

"Those fucking bastards!"

. . .

"Eh? The Vongola are searching for me now?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I hacked into Irie-san's conversation with Hinata and Iemitsu. The connection was cut for some reason. I suspect Irie-san broke  yet another phone," Tsuna explained through the mic. "It seems something is being held against him. For now, it's best we do not involve him in our...conflict.

"Though, Irie-san's knowledge of mechanics is truly necessary, with all of Vongola's virtual use nowadays. I know my limits," Tsuna sighed worriedly, shaking her head. It's not like she could sit in front of a computer all day with all that's been going on.

"I know someone who can help us, if you're interested," Byakuran offered.

"Can he be trusted?"

Byakuran shrugged from the other line.

"That's for you to judge.

. . .

A teen with swirly blonde hair stared at his computer, completely entranced in his data. He bit his lollipop uncaringly, unintentionally cracking it. He snapped back to reality, sighing.

"...I'm so bored~"

. . .

"I just don't get what Shoichi sees in her, " muttered Hinata, staring sadly at her phone screen.

"Are you okay, Juudaime?" Gokudera asked, concern evident in his emerald eyes.

"I'm alright, Hayato-kun. Ah. We're here." Hinata counted down from three.

BAM!!!

"Reborn," Hinata called. "I got my first Guardian~!"

There was no response.

No surprise gunshots, no cosplaying teens, no horde of insects flying toward her face.

Nothing.

The girl pouted childishly. She was really looking forward to shoving her achievement in his face.