Softly Sweet

So here's another new Naruto story. I have no idea why I started this one, or even what really made me think of it, but yes, its an Au. Things are going to be different. As to why the Inuzuka clan is involved, well its because the Uzumaki clan is said to be very close to foxes and so they are pretty similar in this story.

In my story, the Inuzuka clan doesn't have all of their inhuman abilities from birth. They don't have Kekkai Genkai like the Hyuuga or Uchiha clan, so they have to learn their abilities from their adults. In other words, Naruto and Kiba are going to grow up together and learn some pretty similar jutsu because of it.

Also the time period I set between the founding of the village and now is three hundred years. As before stated, this is an Au, and I wanted there to be some time before all of this more for Kurama's reaction than anything. I promise I'm writing this so it'll all make sense though.

Anyway, if you think this is an interesting idea, go ahead and read.

_________________________________

Naruto wasn't entirely sure how long he had sat there, holding his breath and hoping that no one heard him. He wasn't sure when his father had arrived at the massacre and furiously attacked those who had destroyed the Uzumaki clan. The boy had no idea how long it had been since his father had fallen just like his mother, laying there in the dirt. 

He was however aware of the shaking in his tiny frame and the tears pouring down his face as the nameless shinobi continued to make their way through his clan's compound, searching for anyone who had survived their initial attack and dragging those they found, kicking and screaming, back to the center where they slaughtered them.

Naruto had run when his mother had ordered him to, and he hadn't stopped until he reached a statue his clan was long famous for. The Uzumaki clan had always had a strange connection with foxes, giving them abilities not unlike them and making them famous for  it. 

His mother had told him that long ago, their clan had been given the ability to communicate with an ancient demon that helped to keep the balance of the world, one of the so called tailed beasts. Theirs was a nine tailed fox, the Kyuubi, whose name had all but been forgotten. And that's where this statue came in, a statue said to have once been the huge beast.

The statue was of a fox, with long ears, long legs, and a thin body. It was laying inside of an enormous cave in the mountain that had scars from claws, as if this creature and its jutsu had managed to carve out the cave to make room for itself. Its nine tails were raised, stuck as if in a motion of snapping in the air. The creature's head was resting on its front paws, and its mouth was partially open as if he were speaking. A dark and powerful chakra resided in this area, and very few members of the Uzamaki clan ventured here.

Its eyes itself seemed to be full of a primal but intelligent fury that made the boy shudder, but tired and horrified, the child had taken shelter here. The gap between the creature's massive fangs was just enough to allow the frightened boy shelter. Though the rock the statue was made of was gray like the rest of the cave, it would take quite a lot to get the boy to leave his hiding place. It was hard to see, hard to reach unless you were the size of a child, and inside the cavernous mouth was dark.

Which was good, because the boy wasn't really like anyone else in his clan. Most members of the clan had red hair, ranging anywhere from crimson to maroon, and sometimes even darker, like his mother's had been. Because his father was Minato Namikaze however, the forth Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, he had spiked sun blonde hair. His eyes were somewhere between the cobalt blue of his father's, and the sapphire of his mother's. His skin was rather pale for an Uzumaki as well, and he had three whisker like marks on either side of his face.