Chapter 2 - Me and My... Griffin?!

Shade and Miloxi were in an interview at a local K-Mart and doing pretty well...

"So let me see if I got this right Mr. Daluna. You are fifteen, you're email address is fartmaster@yahoo.com, you have no work experience, you've committed 20 murders..." the interviewer paused. Shade and the interviewer both looked at Miloxi. Miloxi just played with the ponytail on the side of his face.

"... and your IQ is 96 and dropping?" the interviewer finished.

"Yep!" Miloxi answered happily.

"Ok then... Shade we have your information correct," the interviewer gulps, knowing how many people she had killed. Let's just say that it was a very high number.

"Alright, you two couldn't have been hired on a better day! Tomorrow is 'Bring Your Pet to Work' day. You get to bring a pet that is near and dear to help advertise our pet products," the interviewer explained. Shade and Miloxi looked at each other.

"So I have two uniforms that are just your sizes,"he said. He was then greeted with Shade's pissed off face.

"Uniforms?!" Shade yelled in anger.

"Awww! We got to wear uniforms?" Miloxi asked.

"Well, the cashiers do. Maybe you'll get lucky and you could be promoted from cashier to money manager," he told the two new workers before him.

"Sweet!" Miloxi said, eating a piece of cake that he had pulled out of nowhere. Shade slapped the piece of cake out of his hand. He then pulled a piece of candy out of his pocket and popped it in his mouth. Shade sighed and shook her head in disbelief. The two then left with their uniforms in hand.

The next day, Miloxi had brought his baby Cyndaquil with him to work. He stood by the front door, petting his Cyndaquil until he saw a large shadow block out the sun. Miloxi looked up to see a griffin!

"Awesome! It's a flying whale!" Miloxi exclaimed while Cyndaquil clapped in excitement. Shade jumped down from the top of the griffin, holding its leash in her left hand.

"Hey Shade, where'd you get the whale?!" he asked her.

"It's not a whale half-ass! It's a griffin!" she yelled at him.

"Really? You could have fooled me!" he said. Cyndaquil jumped down from Miloxi's hands to look up a Shade.

"Miloxi, I think all of your pokemon have eye problems," Shade said.

"He wants a hug," Miloxi said happily.

"Uh... I don't think so," she mumbled.

"Oh come on! Just look at him and his adorableness," he said, motioning towards Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil looked up at shade with twinkling eyes. Shade reluctantly picked up Cyndaquil and gave him an awkward hug, the look in her eyes seemed as if she wanted to chuck the pokemon out a window. Cyndaquil then jumped down and climbed on Milox's shoulder. The manager walked by them and saw the griffin.

"I-Is that a g-griffin," he stuttered. The two workers nodded their heads yes.

"O-Ok then... Miloxi get on a cash register. Shade, stay at the door and greet people," he said, snapping out of his state of shock. Miloxi did as he was told and ran to the register like a kid in a candy shop. Shade stood there, holding her griffin's leash. Time went by as customers came and gone. Everything was peaceful until...

"Excuse me, I'd like to buy this pack of sardines," a customer said.

"Sure," Miloxi said, taking the pack of sardines and started banging it on the price scanner.

"Uh... are you ok?" the customer asked.

"Yes, of course I am," Miloxi said, "That's be twenty dollars."

"Twenty bucks!? You're joking!" the customer screeched. 

"Nope. Twenty dollars," Miloxi said. The customer then pulled out a pistol and pointed it at him. Cyndaquil hid under the register.

"Is that a gun?" Miloxi asked.

"No! It's a cricket bat! Hell yeah, it's a gun!" the guy yelled.

"Oh cool! We're gunna play cricket?" Miloxi asked, not knowing what was going on. Shade walked by, ready to go on break. She then saw the customer trying to rob Miloxi.

"Hey Shade! This guy wants to play cricket!" Miloxi yelled to her. Shade sighed and shook her head.