Of Mice and Men.

Once you reach the fifth floor, the redhead excitedly grabs your hand and pulls you along to his apartment, beginning to unlock the door.

"You know, sometimes the crap you hear at that school is more interesting than the TV. I don't know what logic the students use but the stuff they come out with is priceless." Mr. Shanks chuckles, swinging the door open and entering the apartment, waiting for you to enter before he pushes it shut. 

"What have you heard?" You murmur curiously, your eyes scanning the home. It was gorgeous, he was a surprisingly neat man, a lot of artistic paintings around, mainly involving booze.

I'm beginning to think my English teacher is an alcoholic.

"Well, apparently, Eustass Kid got a dissected frog launched at him." 

That rumor is true.

"Sabo apparently had sex with his girlfriend behind the school. Though, I was lead to believe his girlfriend didn't even go to The Grand Academy so I'm not sure about that one."

Sabo wouldn't do that.

"Apparently you and Marco are a thing." The redhead chuckles as your eyes shoot daggers him.

"I despise that rumor with a passion." You mumble miserably, causing your handsome teacher to wrap his strong arms around you, holding onto you tenderly from behind. We'll just see how you like it. "But, I heard that Ms. Nico was pregnant," You start, a smirk already etching into your face as Mr. Shanks hums against your neck, urging you to continue. "Some say you're the dad." 

"WHAT?!" The male yells out, almost deafening you in the process as his arms loosen around your form. Worth it. "I haven't even touched that woman! I barely know her!" he yells, drawing a cackle from your lips. "E-Eh? ...Were you messing with me?" 

Turning to face the man, you wrap your arms around his neck, forcing your laugh down your throat as you gaze up into his dark eyes. "I was not expecting your reaction to be that funny!" you admit, a giggle escaping your lips. Mr. Shanks' chest vibrating against you as he chuckles also.

"You got me there, [f/n]." He smiles as he releases you, walking over to the fridge and taking out two beers. "But you know what else I heard about you~?"

"Hm...that I'm cheating on Luffy? That seems to be something I've heard about myself recently." You murmur, tilting your head to the side thoughtfully, a finger resting on your cheek.

"Nope. I heard that Eustass Kid has a massive crush on you." Mr. Shanks smirks, instantly receiving a couch cushion to the face.

"HELL NO!" You yell out in pure disgust as the teacher chuckles, giving you a beer, his hand coming up to his face and rubbing where the cushion hit.

"I'm sorry, I had to!" Before you could argue back, he picks up the remote and turns on the TV, setting up the movie for you. "So what did you think of the ending when you read Of Mice and Men for the first time?"

"I didn't get to the endi--?! D-Don't change the subject! If Kid has a crush on me then Mr. Donquixote has a crush on you!" Shanks cringes at the comment, a shiver running up his spine as he peaks over to you. 

"Seriously...? Why would you say that?" 

"To gross you out~" A snicker leaves your lips as you take a seat on his couch, opening your beer and taking a small sip, careful not to spill your beverage as Mr. Shanks smirks at you in amusement. 

"Oh yeah? Well, in that case...I heard you and..." A thoughtful expression takes over his face before it's replaced with a devilish smile, his eyes narrowing mischievously. "...You and Nami like to have encounters~" He finally murmurs in a dark voice, your eyes almost leaping from your skull.