chapter 3: chance encounters

Its Monday after noon and like always its a scorcher outside at a whopping 116 degrees

Ava: I was in my last class of the day creative writing. Its ungodly hot up in here the A.c. is on full blast but everyone is still sweating. I looked around the class and noticed marcus looking at me and smiling. I quickly looked away and tried to refocus my self on the teacher.

Teacher:okay class so for you final assignment of the year before you graduate of will be a joint project. You have to study a famous author and try to write a sequel to one of their books. This isn't high school I trust I don't have to partner you up so for the rest of the day is free you are all dismissed.

Ava: marcus turns around in his chair and looks right at me with the hugest grin on his face. I smiled and just walked over

Marcus: as ava walked up "hey there partner" she laughed

Ava: " oh so I dont even get the choice" I say giggling acting hurt his smile is infectious.

Marcus: her giggles made me hard a little bit "nope plus why you acting like that you know you wanna be my partner" I say as we walk out of class.

Ava: " okay okay maybe so who do you want to do our project on?" I ask

Marcus: "umm I don't know yet how about we go to the cafe and get some smoothies and go over some options?"

Ava: "okay sounds like a plan to me" I say as we walk in to the cafe and get in line. "I'll pay for yours since you got my girls and i into the club the other night I'm not taking no for an answer. You can go set up our table what smoothie do you want" I say being bossy

Marcus: I laugh " okay fine miss bossy pants and ummm lemme get a orange kiwi with kale" she gives me this look of shock "what" I say

Ava: now how he hell did he know that was my favorite drink " its just no one ever orders that kind I thought I was the only one its my favorite"

Marcus: "nope my mom used to make them for me every morning before football practice back in high school"now if that doesn't mean we were meant to be I didn't know what did

Ava: "okay two orange kiwi and kale smoothies coming up!"

avas outfit

Marcus: as ava is walking over to our table I'm laying all our books and pencils out. She looks comfy cute today. Which I like. I like a girl that doesn't have to be dressed up to be cute. She has on a black tank top and some jeans and a black sweater with her back pack. Her hair was all natural which i loved.

Ava: as I get closer to our table marcus stands up to push in my chair for me "well aren't you quite the gentleman" I say he smiles he looks adorable. He has on a basic black t -shirt and some jeans with some black jordans its simple but cute. Plush His shirt clings to his muscles.

 Plush His shirt clings to his muscles