f o u r .

M A Y A

The blonde got up, then the realization struck

She would have to see her dad today.

Do you know that feeling when you make plans that you're excited for and when the day comes all you want to do is die?

Well, that's what Maya Hart felt.

She had told her mom and Shawn about it the night before, making sure they had no problems with it.

They had simply asked her if she was ready, and she answered with a yes.

She sat up in bed, contemplating life, then walked toward the kitchen.

A note was left on the counter, like always.

Had to go to the diner early, will be back home at 7. Tell me all about your dinner. xx

Then, scrawled across the paper, was Shawn's messy handwriting.

And me too.

xx Shawn and Katy

Maya chuckled. She made herself breakfast, wondering what her dad looked like now.

He had blonde shoulder-length hair the last time she saw him, although the memory was blurry, due to her tears uncontrollably spilling out.

She wondered if she would be able to face and forgive him now, or if she would break down in tears at the sight of him and his children.

Maya secretly hoped he didn't bring his wife. Not that she hated her, but Maya didn't think she was strong enough to see the woman her dad now loved more than her mom.

She finished her toast, then texted Riley and Lucas, in their group chat.

mayacluttxrbucket: yo

plutoriley: yes peaches

mayacluttxrbucket: where's lucasssssssss

plutoriley: LUCASSSSS

mayacluttxrbucket: LUCASSSSSSS

rangerlucas: what

mayacluttxrbucket: it's an emergency

plutoriley: DO I CALL THE 911

plutoriley: ARE YOU IN A CULT