s i x .

M A Y A

Maya Hart hauled her bag to her locker

Maya Hart hauled her bag to her locker. It had been a very lousy Friday, and she was desperately waiting for the dismissal bell to ring. She glanced at her phone. 2:59. One more minute until the bell.

5, 4, 3-

RINGGGG!

"Finally!" Maya dropped her bag and jumped up with her fist in the air.

All heads turned to her, all with an expression that couldn't be classified as laughter.

Maya glared. "What are you staring at?" She rolled her eyes and headed out.

Once she was outside, she caught a glimpse of her friends sitting on a bench.

"Hey guys." Maya plopped her bag on the wooden bench and took a seat.

"Hey," replied Riley, Farkle, Zay, and Smackle.

"Where's Lucas?" Maya asked curiously, looking around.

"Why do you care?" Zay replied with a smirk plastered across his face.

Maya grabbed his shirt and looked him dead in the eye. "Isaiah Earl Babineaux, if you don't wipe that smirk off your face I will rip you to shreds."

"My middle name isn't even Earl!" Zay flailed his arms up in surrender as Maya let go of his shirt.

"Yeah, where is he?" Riley thought out loud.

"I heard that he had to help out in the library after school." Farkle replied.

"Why? What did he do?" Riley asked.

" 'Aggressive behaviour toward a pupil.' " Smackle chuckled, putting up her hands into air quotations for emphasis.

Maya laughed. "What kind of aggressive behaviour?"

"Well, what I heard is that Missy leaned in for a kiss and he kinda just pushed her on both shoulders, and Missy just said "ow!" and just in time, Mr. Hannigan walked out of his classroom and thought that Lucas was pushing her for no reason." Farkle explained.

They all laughed.

Maya spoke. "Well today's been a terrible day, so I thought that I'd go to a party. Anyone wanna come?"

"What time and where is it?" Smackle asked.

"Oh it's 49 Woodhill Avenue and it's around 10.