n i n e .

M A Y A

"You didn't give me time to explain! I-"

"I'm sure whatever you're about to say next is totally going to make up for it!" Maya yelled, enraged.

"Maya Penelope Hart. (Maya cringed at the mention of her middle name) You listen to me and you listen to me now." Lucas said back gently but firmly. "You wanna know why I walked Riley to school? I like you. After that night, I knew I wanted to ask you out. I walked Riley to school only to ask her if she was okay with it. To get her blessing. I didn't want to ask you out without her permission. That's why she was happy this morning. That's why I walked her to school. That's why she winked at you. And you know, I don't like you anymore, Maya."

Maya's heart sank. She had ruined it all.

"After saying all these things, I wonder, "why do I put up with you? why do I bother? why do I go through so much trouble?" But now I know. I love you Maya Penelope Hart. I love you and I don't care if you don't love me back because-"

At that moment Maya didn't care that her cringy middle name was said. She was so touched by Lucas' words. She interrupted by kissing him. A very polite and pleasing way of telling them to shut up. Lucas happily kissed back. The kiss lasted until Maya pulled back.

"I love you too."

-----------------------

After that moment Maya was so very happy. Riley was nearby and approached Maya after Lucas had gone to the bathroom.

"Here you go. For your Polaroid project. You better do Lucas or I'm not going to be your friend anymore." Riley laughed as she handed her two Polaroid pictures. One of Maya and Lucas arguing and the next of them kissing.

"Oh and here." She handed her a third one, one of the moment where Maya said I love you back.

"I love you too, Riley."

They hugged as the school bell rang.

----------------------
Back at home, Maya took out the polaroids from her pocket and took out a sharpie. She drew hearts in them and labelled "I love you" on one of them. She smiled, admiring her handiwork. At that same moment, she got a message.

rangerlucas: I love you short stack

She smiled.

mayacluttxrbucket: love you too.