Contest #3 - Artist

Hi! How's it going? How's your day been? I hope it's been fantastic and beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, it's time for contest number three. This one, is all about artists. And the only rule really, is that your main character has to be an artist. Simple enough? Yet still inspiring? I hope so. I will say that you can't just be like, "Oh btw the mc is an artist now blah blah blah completely unrelated." No, no no. The story has to be about the artist and encompass the fact that they are an artist. It has to theme around art. Also, I'd like to clarify that it doesn't necessarily have to be the average conception of "art". For instance drawing and painting. Now they certainly can be, and most likely will be, but it can also be other things. Your main character could be a photographer, or a musician, or even a dancer. Anything that could be considered art.
Also, get ready, new rule! Oh I bet you're so excited. This is simply for my own convenience really. While I'm still not exactly putting a word minimum on entries, I ask that it be confined within only one part. I have to enforce this because I was getting 15 chapter novellas in my inbox. While I appreciate the effort, I really just don't have time to work through that much, especially since you guys usually enter only within the last couple of days it's open. So if I get a big multi-chapter story, it will not qualify. Pls, pls, pls take note of this. Now, some people like to write in a kind of cryptic, artistic sort of way where it'll be like ten parts, but each part is only about five poetic sentences. If you want to enter and you prefer such writing styles, then let me know upon entry and after review I will probably allow it.

In case you've forgotten:

First Place: Gets a follow and their story added to the winners list along with the reading of an unrelated work.

Second Place: Gets their story added to the runner up reading list along with the reading of an unrelated work.

Third Place: Get's the reading and review of an unrelated work.

(Originally I was going to do honourable mentions for fourth and fifth place but I've slacked on that bit and am unsure at this time if I plan to make that a thing.)

So that is contest number three. The deadline for entries is October 20th, to enter please pm me the name of your story. And as always, winners and upcoming contests will be released the following day. I hope we have some creative entries for this contest, and I hope it's a fun topic for you guys to work with. Remember to please, please, please ask questions in the comments if you have any at all. That was your prompt. I'll see you bitches in roughly two weeks. Xoxo